ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

9 months left for Ten years

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

robeenson12
Newly Registered

9 months left for Ten years

Post by robeenson12 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:05 pm

Hello All,

would appreciate if you could provide me an honest opinion below mentioned my case.

I have only 9 months left to complete my ten years in united Kingdom. however, at present my visa was refused for tier 4 due to maintenance and I went through all court but could not succeed. Now, I have applied for set-O upon suggestion of my solicitor. According to him, i can apply 2 more similar kind of application and that should give me enough time to complete my ten years.

am about to finish my masters within a month.

But, it just does not seems right and feels right. what do you think??

Any suggestion or any advise would be highly appreciated.

bless ya'll
Sunnydays!!!

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: 9 months left for Ten years

Post by Zee ali » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:33 pm

robeenson12 wrote:Hello All,

would appreciate if you could provide me an honest opinion below mentioned my case.

I have only 9 months left to complete my ten years in united Kingdom. however, at present my visa was refused for tier 4 due to maintenance and I went through all court but could not succeed. Now, I have applied for set-O upon suggestion of my solicitor. According to him, i can apply 2 more similar kind of application and that should give me enough time to complete my ten years.

am about to finish my masters within a month.

But, it just does not seems right and feels right. what do you think??

Any suggestion or any advise would be highly appreciated.

bless ya'll
Sunnydays!!!
R u sure its Set O application?

if yes than did u ask him on what basis he applied for your settlement visa?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

robeenson12
Newly Registered

Post by robeenson12 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:48 am

Yes, thats what my solicitor asked me to put.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:58 am

There must be a mistake.

Set(O) is the application form for ILR based on 5 years residence for Tier 1, Tier 2, Ancestry visas and dependents in the same category. Quite a pricey option too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:47 am

CR001 wrote:There must be a mistake.

Set(O) is the application form for ILR based on 5 years residence for Tier 1, Tier 2, Ancestry visas and dependents in the same category. Quite a pricey option too.
I think the latest trend now is to apply for pointless visas and appeals to reach 10 years..
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:58 am

Such a waste of money on application fees. The solicitors must be laughing all the way to the bank.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:34 am

CR001 wrote:Such a waste of money on application fees. The solicitors must be laughing all the way to the bank.
Plus 500 pound NHS levy each
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided