ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A humble request to All Gurus, please help.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shahis
Newly Registered

A humble request to All Gurus, please help.

Post by Shahis » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:22 am

Hello Everyone,

I am having some confusion in regards of the course level for my next application.

- I do not hold a degree(level 6).
- After completing HND, I took course in CIMA. CAS mention CIMA Level 7
- I did CIMA only for 1 yr and a half after which the college is revoked.
(please note : full CIMA course at level 7 is 3 years course, if not completed all 3 yrs exams then I don't achieve level 7)

Now my question is:
Am I allowed to go a level down (to level 6) if I wish to complete my 3rd yr for a degree.
(As HND on itself is not a degree, it requires a year more of study in the same field to have a degree)

/OR/

Am I restricted to stick with doing short courses which are level 7 because of the current cas mentioning level 7.

I would really appreciate if you could advise me on this matter.
Thank you for your time and patience.
Awaiting for your replies :wink:

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: A humble request to All Gurus, please help.

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:14 pm

Once you start a NQF6/7 etc course you can not step back to a lower level than the last grant of tier 4 leave.
You are stuck at NQF7 unfortunately.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Re: A humble request to All Gurus, please help.

Post by aaliya1986 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:17 am

what Mr Mole has said is correct.

No reputed university or college will allow you to go to a lower level or even at the same level given in the current climate. however if you are lucky then some college or university may allow you to do so.
however the college/university will have to have a strong reason which will have to be mentioned on the cas.

the home office rule allows to go a level down, but the institution will not allow you to do so.

70.In exceptional circumstances only, involve the further study at a lower level but we expect
these cases to be rare. (refer to Tier 4 Policy Guidance version 11/2014 page 12 of 81)
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf

hope that helps