ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Academic Progress

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cecee
Newly Registered

Academic Progress

Post by Cecee » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:12 am

Hello

I have got a question about progression that I have failed my first year at the University (MEng Academic NQF7) or incomplete. Will I be able to get into another University in UK to continue my education degree ( Bachelor degree) in UK? or even would it be possible to change to different major in bachelor degree. One of the University mentioned on my application that :"You do not meet the UKBA progression criteria which states that International Students studying in the UK must show clear academic progression and progress from one level of study to the next level – study at the same level of study is not permitted." Please give me any suggestions,I really want to graduate from university in UK. Now I can not see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Kind regards

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Academic Progress

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:52 am

It is very unlikely that you will get admission to another Uni as a first year fail basically points to the fact your not a suitable candidate for any Uni to take on.
Changing courses really does not adress the above.
The best you can do is contact as many Uni's as possible and ask them, the current view from Uni's is that they will not take any risks with CAS if they believe that there is a possibility of a visa refusal.

Cecee
Newly Registered

Post by Cecee » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:15 pm

I mean would it be possible that to repeat the same level in different university or re-take the course? Does every university applying the same rule which states that International Students studying in the UK must show clear academic progression and progress from one level of study to the next level – study at the same level of study is not permitted.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:20 am

Academic progression is stated in the PBS tier 4 guidance, however it is not an absolute prescriptive set of rules. In 99% of cases the general position is that you as a student must demonstrate continuous progression in order to be awarded further CAS. A basic interpretation of this is you can't study at the same level as previously.
The Uni's hold to this ideal strictly, while some private colleges are less than bothered. Two opposite ends of the spectrum.
It is highly unlikely any Uni will offer you a place based on your academic history under tier 4.
If your current Uni is not going to let you retake the course that also sends out the message you are not a suitable candidate. If they still believed you were capable and demonstrating the ability to complete the course they would have offered you the retake.
As I say there is no absolutes but in today's climate of fear of losing their licence the Uni's are not taking any chances. Do I believe you will get a CAS from a Uni, no I don't based on your fail, lack of offer to retake and the general risk adverse stance of Uni's presently.