ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice NEEDED PLEASE!! college license revoked

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mt651
Newly Registered

Advice NEEDED PLEASE!! college license revoked

Post by mt651 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:38 pm

I am one of the students who is affected by recent immigration actions against education institutions.

I was aware that my college's license was suspended, but on 8th of September I was informed by my friends that our college name was included in a 'revoked colleges list'. I have not received a letter from UKVI.

Now, because I fall under 5 year cap I would like to apply for new course and need advice as to which option is better in terms of maintenance requirement, work permits, allowing dependants to stay in the UK etc.

My MA course started on 15 May 2014 and my provisional marks are promised to be available by mid October 2014. So, I hope I will be treated as a ''student with established presence'' if I apply after 16th of October as then it would be 6 months since the start of my course and I would have provisional marks.

Option 1:

A representative at a Uni which I am considering as an option said the latest day for application will be 10th of October for this year. The course starts in September and ends in July, officially 10 months.

(Q1) Therefore, can I receive a CAS letter earlier and apply a bit later when I receive my provisional results to qualify for 2 months maintenance fees?

(Q2) Will the course be treated as 1 year as it lasts throughout the academic year? This would result in work permit endorsement hopefully.

Option 2:

I actually wanted to go for PhD after my MA. However, PhD course vacancies would open only in January/February 2015.

(Q1) Could I wait till HO sends me a 60 days notice? And what happens if I do not receive such letter from them in the next 2 months?

(Q2) What are the implications of applying within 28 days following the 60 days leave to make a fresh application? From what date shall I calculate the 60 days period?

Thanks for your advice!!!

mt651
Newly Registered

Re: Advice NEEDED PLEASE!! college license revoked

Post by mt651 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:46 am

I am just wondering how someone who has spent 7 years as a student cannot have an 'established presence' in this country? :shock:

mt651
Newly Registered

Re: Advice NEEDED PLEASE!! college license revoked

Post by mt651 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:12 pm

As my course started on 15 May 2014, should I apply after 16th October in order to qualify for 'established presence' rule? The only concern is that my college was included in the 'revoked list' on 8th of September and I do not know whether this means that I would not be regarded as 'having successfully completed a course lasting for more than 6 months'.

Please, gurus of this forum HELLLLP!! :)