ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on the Tier4 5 years Time Cap

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Yazo020
Newly Registered

Advice on the Tier4 5 years Time Cap

Post by Yazo020 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:02 am

Can you please give me your opinion and advice if there is anyway to get another year on my time cap,

2007-2010 I started a BSc. course I had to retake first year due to low academic achievement.

2010-2011 I extended the visa 1 year to finish the course, I didn't do well so i was given a Certificate of higher Education.

2011-2013 I started a full time job outside the UK.

I was Diagnosed with severe multi-type ADHD, I provided a diagnoses letter for the university and After a consideration panel the university has agreed to allow me to resume my studies for 1 more year in order to achieve a BSc. Certificate.

2013-2014 I went back to the university and finished my degree.

I want to do a P.h.D but first I need to do a masters, I got accepted to a masters degree from several universities but they said I will have a problem because i have reach my 5 years time limit cap

Can anyone advice me on what can i or Should do ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Advice on the Tier4 5 years Time Cap

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:42 am

Add up the time spent on pre tier 4 visa plus actucal time on tier 4 less the time before courses and after courses. Normally one month before and three/ four months after.
Total in months take that away from 60 leaves you your maximum study time. If it is less than the planned number of study months to get your masters you will not get a visa.

Yazo020
Newly Registered

Post by Yazo020 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:01 am

Frontier Mole wrote:Add up the time spent on pre tier 4 visa plus actucal time on tier 4 less the time before courses and after courses. Normally one month before and three/ four months after.
Total in months take that away from 60 leaves you your maximum study time. If it is less than the planned number of study months to get your masters you will not get a visa.
Thank you for your quick reply, from what I know, the pre tier 4 visa time is counted towards the 5 years time limit, isnt it ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:04 am

Yes - previous old style pre student visa is counted too

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:24 am

Yazo020 wrote:Can you please give me your opinion and advice if there is anyway to get another year on my time cap,

2007-2010 I started a BSc. course I had to retake first year due to low academic achievement.

2010-2011 I extended the visa 1 year to finish the course, I didn't do well so i was given a Certificate of higher Education.

2011-2013 I started a full time job outside the UK.

I was Diagnosed with severe multi-type ADHD, I provided a diagnoses letter for the university and After a consideration panel the university has agreed to allow me to resume my studies for 1 more year in order to achieve a BSc. Certificate.

2013-2014 I went back to the university and finished my degree.

I want to do a P.h.D but first I need to do a masters, I got accepted to a masters degree from several universities but they said I will have a problem because i have reach my 5 years time limit cap

Can anyone advice me on what can i or Should do ?

Well you can get away with the cap technically.I think it shld be like that :

2007 -2011 - u studied a course and achieve a certificate of HE - which I believe below degree level i.e., below level 6 soo ur tym spent studying dat course is discarded as per cap rules.

then u did a one year top up course from 2013 -14 to achieve a Bachelor's degree so on that basis u hv only spent one year studying a degree level course.

If you can get a letter from your university stating above facts u wuld be perfectly okay.

peace :)

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:09 pm

That is not going to work. You studied a degree course so regardless of the qualification gained it was still listed on the CAS as degree course.

Kingz84

Post by Kingz84 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:39 pm

Frontier is right if you was issued a 3 year visa ba then another 1 year extension almost 4 years done then you came back again and completed ur degree thats over 4 years almost 5!

Do as frontier says and calculate all start an end dates on ur enrolment and cas letters.

But from the looks of it looks like time is done.

Thanks

dmp

Post by dmp » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:22 pm

Yazo
Add up your all previous study duration mentioned in your old CAS and visa letters (in Months)= xx months,
You allowed to study total 60 months for level6/7,
so 60-xx= if anything remain only that period you can, if nothing remain means you cannot.