ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for a sencond Master degree

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dihanhan
Newly Registered

Apply for a sencond Master degree

Post by Dihanhan » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:10 pm

Hi, I have a question regarding T4 student visa. I have studied a Master degree (MSc Management) from 2013-2014. After that I extended my T4 visa for 1 year to study CFA Level 1 in London which is NARIC level 5. Now I want to apply for another Finance Master degree but I am not sure it will be allowed by Home Office or not since I have to have academic progress.Could anybody help me out here? Many thanks!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Apply for a sencond Master degree

Post by sah10406 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:43 am

Only Tier 4 applications made in the UK need to show academic progress. If your Tier 4 sponsor is happy to sponsor you, you can apply in your home country. You can expect a heavier hand with credibility checks though.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Dihanhan
Newly Registered

Post by Dihanhan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:47 pm

sah10406 wrote:Only Tier 4 applications made in the UK need to show academic progress. If your Tier 4 sponsor is happy to sponsor you, you can apply in your home country. You can expect a heavier hand with credibility checks though.
Really? That's very helpful! Thanks a lot!

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:20 pm

sah10406 wrote:Only Tier 4 applications made in the UK need to show academic progress. If your Tier 4 sponsor is happy to sponsor you, you can apply in your home country. You can expect a heavier hand with credibility checks though.
I have little doubt on this. The universities have to mention in their CAS that your studies meet the 'Academic Progression' criterial- This I have been told by one uni in London. I also have an MBA (2011) and now want one more masters degree.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:25 pm

mohammed1980 wrote:The universities have to mention in their CAS that your studies meet the 'Academic Progression' criterial- This I have been told by one uni in London.
Either they were only talking about a CAS issued for an application in the UK, or they are wrong.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.