ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying student visa in UK-overstay

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thano
Newly Registered

applying student visa in UK-overstay

Post by thano » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi,

Please advise;

I am on student visa and expecting my desertation result end of this month. I have also applied for an MPhil course and got conditional offer with a condition to pass my desertaation first. The problem is that my visa is expiring end of this month and with out passing my desertation I am unable to apply for student extension. Can I apply for the student extension when my visa is expired ? I was told that I can apply even if I am over stayed for a week. Could some one please help me here

thanks,

Vickzzz
Newly Registered

Re: applying student visa in UK-overstay

Post by Vickzzz » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:40 pm

I Think there is a grace period of 28 days once your visa is expired. But I personally think you should not become over stayer for even a day because it effects your immigration history. Why don't you contact the HO by explaining your situation and ask them, am sure you can apply for extension if you are awaiting result. Please don't be an over stayer because now a days HO got a very strict approach for over stayer so its not a good idea at all. Rest you should seek Professional Legal advice.