ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Visa for My parents to come for graduation! Help me

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MinnieH
Newly Registered

Applying Visa for My parents to come for graduation! Help me

Post by MinnieH » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:45 am

Hi,
I really need your help as I am very worried about my parents' visa.
My parents are planning to visit for my graduation later this year.
The main problem is my mom got rejected once for visitor visa when she tried to visit her aunt and her sister last 2-3 years ago.
Now, we are trying to apply again.
However, I did not say about having relatives in UK when I applied for my student visa here since I am not close with relatives from my mom side.
So, my question is, would this gonna be a problem for my mom that I did not show my relatives existence in UK when I applied for my student visa?
Should she show the existence of her aunt and her sister on the application now that she will apply to come here for my graduation?
The fact that I forgot to show my relatives on my application for my students visa and now my mom is saying she has relatives in UK will affect my current visa? like withdrawal of my current visa or something?
Please help me guys.
I am an international student here and I really want my parents to come see me at my graduation.
I am really worried right now.
How much are her chance of getting the visa ? :(

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Applying Visa for My parents to come for graduation! Hel

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:39 am

MinnieH wrote:However, I did not say about having relatives in UK when I applied for my student visa here since I am not close with relatives from my mom side.
So, my question is, would this gonna be a problem for my mom that I did not show my relatives existence in UK when I applied for my student visa?
What did the Tier 4 form ask about relatives in the UK exactly?
MinnieH wrote:Should she show the existence of her aunt and her sister on the application now that she will apply to come here for my graduation?
If the form asks about this, yes of course.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

MinnieH
Newly Registered

Post by MinnieH » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:40 am

sah10406 wrote:
MinnieH wrote:However, I did not say about having relatives in UK when I applied for my student visa here since I am not close with relatives from my mom side.
What did the Tier 4 form ask about relatives in the UK exactly?
MinnieH wrote:Should she show the existence of her aunt and her sister on the application now that she will apply to come here for my graduation?
If the form asks about this, yes of course.
Thanks for replying.
I don't find any question about relatives in UK in the form.
But I think I answered 'no' when they interviewed me.
What if my mom told them she have relatives when she apply again, what will happen to me and my mom?
I am worried.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:57 am

MinnieH wrote:
sah10406 wrote:
MinnieH wrote:But I think I answered 'no' when they interviewed me.
What if my mom told them she have relatives when she apply again, what will happen to me and my mom?
I am worried.
Did you know at that time that your aunt lives in the UK? If no, then it's fine. If yes, whey did you not tell the truth?

All visitors need to show evidence they are just coming for a short visit, and that there is money to pay for the visit. The ECO will need to be satisfied that your mother is going home again after her visit. It is relevant that she has close family in the UK, which may raise suspicions that she is moving here. Evidence of her life back home should take care of that.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

MinnieH
Newly Registered

Post by MinnieH » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:03 pm

Did you know at that time that your aunt lives in the UK? If no, then it's fine. If yes, whey did you not tell the truth?

Yes, I know that my aunt lives in UK when I applied but due to personal problems, we are not in contact with my mom's relatives and I don't have any information of her like address and all. So, I said No. Would it affect both me and my visa now?
In term of money and mom moving here is we got enough to fund for the whole trip and both of my parents have no intention to live in UK including me. I will go back with then after graduation as well.
Thanks you

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:40 pm

MinnieH wrote: In term of money and mom moving here is we got enough to fund for the whole trip and both of my parents have no intention to live in UK including me. I will go back with then after graduation as well.
The key point here is that your parents would need to provide evidence substantiating that they will return at the end of their visit. I.e. they will need to show strong ties to their home country with evidence. Having funds to support themselves while visiting the UK is a separate requirement they will need to meet when applying for a visit visa to attend your graduation.

You mention that your mother has had a visit visa refusal in the past; therefore it would be worth ensuring she understands the refusal reason(s) given at the time and makes sure that those reasons do not still exist or are addressed when applying this time around.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:57 am

MinnieH wrote:Would it affect both me and my visa now?
It's theoretically possible, because in effect you seem to have used deception in your application, but it's unlikely.