ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank/Financial Statements - Are they verified?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

infoseeker1
Newly Registered

Bank/Financial Statements - Are they verified?

Post by infoseeker1 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:43 pm

Hi,

I'm from Nigeria and I am planning on using my Certificate of deposit for a fixed deposit account as part of proof my finances. Subsequently, some conditions were attached to this deposit account which limits my access to that cash and which was not mentioned in the certificate of deposit given to me, does the UK embassy call the banks to verify these levels of financial details and if so, can this constitute a basis for visa denial?

Should I still go ahead and use this certificate or should I change my financial statement/document.

Regards,
Koffi.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Bank/Financial Statements - Are they verified?

Post by sah10406 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:34 am

infoseeker1 wrote:does the UK embassy call the banks to verify these levels of financial details
Sometimes.
infoseeker1 wrote:and if so, can this constitute a basis for visa denial?
Yes, if this is not cash that you can withdraw. You can only use evidence of money that is genuinely available to you
infoseeker1 wrote:Should I still go ahead and use this certificate or should I change my financial statement/document.
I advise you transfer the money to a regualr bank account and use evidence of it held there.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

infoseeker1
Newly Registered

Re: Bank/Financial Statements - Are they verified?

Post by infoseeker1 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:52 pm

Thanks,

I appreciate your input a lot.