ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP and travel

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

frojkee
Newly Registered

BRP and travel

Post by frojkee » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:36 pm

I've been staying in UK for a year with a student visa which was in the passport, but this year I got accepted in a university so last Friday I've applied for a new visa and application was successful. However the problem is that my old visa was canceled while I still haven't received my BRP. My question is - I've got a ticket to Russia for this Thursday as I'm planning to spend the weekend in my home country. What am I supposed to do if I don't receive my BRP card by then? Can I collect it myself from the office or it's not needed? I live in London. Thanks.

Best regards,
Nikita

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: BRP and travel

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:05 am

Although you have been granted the visa without the BRP you will be unable to properly evidence the visa.
Technically you would have the right of entry on your return BUT you will be subject to enquiry when you land in the UK and that assumes you are even allowed to board the plane in Russia if the first place.
My advice is not to travel without the BRP.

As for collection - that is not an option.

maiwandkhan
Newly Registered

Post by maiwandkhan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi Nakita

I am exactly in the same situation but my documents are still in HO. I think it's fine to travel and any of your friend and collect BRP on your behalf and post to you.
Did they put any sort of cancel stamp on your previous visa in passport?

Thanks

maiwandkhan
Newly Registered

Post by maiwandkhan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:58 pm

Hi NiKita,
Could you reply to my previous post.
thanks