ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP correct name order?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MrDosonhai
Newly Registered

BRP correct name order?

Post by MrDosonhai » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:51 am

So in my Passport, the order of my name is Surname Middlename Firstname (Do Son Hai).
In my BRP, the name appears like this
Surname
Firstname Middlename
Do
Hai Son
May I ask if my BRP is correct or should I have my BRP fixed?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: BRP correct name order?

Post by sah10406 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:00 am

MrDosonhai wrote:May I ask if my BRP is correct or should I have my BRP fixed?
Check with your Tier 4 sponsor. They need to be happy that it is correct evidence of your right to study, and they can advise if it needs returning for correction.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:07 pm

The BRP is correct. It is not printed with your name as it appears in your passport (passports often differ in the way names are set out).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MrDosonhai
Newly Registered

Post by MrDosonhai » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:27 am

CR001 wrote:The BRP is correct. It is not printed with your name as it appears in your passport (passports often differ in the way names are set out).
So is it correct? Your explanation is rather confusing, kinda contradict to the first statement. Like "the BRP is correct because it is not printed the way as it appears in my passport"?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:39 am

They have printed your name correctly. All My BRP's were printed exactly the same.

Surname : Do
First / Middle Name : Hai Son

They won't print the BRP card like it appears in your passport : Surname Middlename Firstname (Do Son Hai)

If they had switched your first and middle name on the BRP, then yes it would be an error.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:15 am

If your Tier 4 sponsor has taken a copy of it and is fine with it, that's the end of the story.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:07 pm

CR001 wrote:They have printed your name correctly. All My BRP's were printed exactly the same.

They won't print the BRP card like it appears in your passport : Surname Middlename Firstname (Do Son Hai)

If they had switched your first and middle name on the BRP, then yes it would be an error.

Dear Char CR001,

I have received my BRP (permanenet residence status) under family member of an eea national, but my name had error i was wondering how long will the correction take and what is the process ? I report the issue online and have to wait 5 working days until HO reply me ?
My name on paaaport is sharam s/o elias khalidi. Which khalidi is our surname. On everything my name is sharam khalidi. But HO issued my name on BRP card as sharam Elias khalidi. Which Elias is my fathers name and it shouldn't be.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:13 pm

sahramkhalidi wrote:
CR001 wrote:They have printed your name correctly. All My BRP's were printed exactly the same.

Dear Char CR001,

I have received my BRP (permanenet residence status) under family member of an eea national, but my name had error i was wondering how long will the correction take and what is the process ? I report the issue online and have to wait 5 working days until HO reply me ?
My name on paaaport is sharam s/o elias khalidi. Which khalidi is our surname. On everything my name is sharam khalidi. But HO issued my name on BRP card as sharam Elias khalidi. Which Elias is my fathers name and it shouldn't be.
Please refrain from tagging onto other members topic, especially in a visa category that has nothing to do with your one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
sahramkhalidi wrote:

Dear Char CR001,

Please refrain from tagging onto other members topic, especially in a visa category that has nothing to do with your one.

Ok would have appreciate if advice me through my question. But where can I post then ? Send me the link please so I can ask question there i really need response as HO don't have any contact and I booked flight... end of August

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:31 pm

sahramkhalidi wrote:Ok would have appreciate if advice me through my question. But where can I post then ? Send me the link please so I can ask question there i really need response as HO don't have any contact and I booked flight... end of August
You already posted.

eea-route-applications/permanent-reside ... l#p1508864

But if you post your own new topic in the EEA Route sub forum, you are likely to get a response quicker than posting repetitively in the timeline discussion topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
sahramkhalidi wrote:Ok would have appreciate if advice me through my question. But where can I post then ? Send me the link please so I can ask question there i really need response as HO don't have any contact and I booked flight... end of August
You already posted.

eea-route-applications/permanent-reside ... l#p1508864

But if you post your own new topic in the EEA Route sub forum, you are likely to get a response quicker than posting repetitively in the timeline discussion topic.
Okay I will leave it then until I get respond :( :( : (