ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Call interview urgent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Awi.cmu

Call interview urgent

Post by Awi.cmu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:39 am

Hi all.
I apply for uk tier 4 student visa out side the uk. I receive a Letter from home office for interview and which is fine . But in letter they ask me for that please bring you old passport as well .
In my old passport I modify my parents name and I got the new one now which is I submitted to home office but the old passport is not with me now I lost at home please help me what can I do ...
Please help me

In letter said...

You must ensure that you bring any previous passports ever held by you. Please bring photo I.D with you for ease of identity while coming to British High Commission for interview.

Awi.cmu

Re: Call interview urgent

Post by Awi.cmu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:43 am

Help me please guys thanks

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:37 am

in the form did you mention that you had a previous passport? if yes than there were further questions about where the passport is and are you attaching it with the application or not, if not, why.

moreover, if you modified/changed parents name, you must have a valid reason for that and that reason must be explained during the interview if asked.
normally you are required to add all the passports with the application.

good luck with the interview

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:37 am

in the form did you mention that you had a previous passport? if yes than there were further questions about where the passport is and are you attaching it with the application or not, if not, why.

moreover, if you modified/changed parents name, you must have a valid reason for that and that reason must be explained during the interview if asked.
normally you are required to add all the passports with the application.

good luck with the interview

Awi.cmu

Post by Awi.cmu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:31 am

Thanks for reply Aaliya but the old passport are cancel and also the cancel stamp on old passport . And I lost at home

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:01 pm

Awi.cmu wrote:Thanks for reply Aaliya but the old passport are cancel and also the cancel stamp on old passport . And I lost at home
U r in trouble mate

Did u report it to police? Do u have police report?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Awi.cmu

Post by Awi.cmu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:24 pm

Thanks for your reply Zee no I don't have any policy report wirh me

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:43 pm

Awi.cmu wrote:Thanks for your reply Zee no I don't have any policy report wirh me
Try your luck but i think its a clear refusal. As they ask a specific document which is your old passport and u r unable to provide (as it lost) on their request. and u don't have any police report.

Update us with the outcome.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:59 am

a person is required to keep their old passports attached with their new passports for atleast 2 years. for some countries this may not apply but for some countries it does.

moreover a cancelled or expired passport does not mean that you will not need it anymore. a passport has the details of your travel history and any bans or notes which are important for immigration officers to know.

therefore as Zee has mentioned the chances of you getting a visa are very slim. However, it is still not to late to get a police report and show it to the interview officer that you have lost your previous passport and you have got the report.

lastly, losing a passport at home does not make much sense. anyway best of luck and keep us updated as we would like to know how it goes.