ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a visitor apply for a visa?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DulceXimenaBO
Newly Registered

Can a visitor apply for a visa?

Post by DulceXimenaBO » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:41 pm

Hi, I applied for my UK Student Visa, but I'm worried that they might refuse it because I didn't include a translation of my bank statement and birth certificate, which are in Spanish. If they do refuse it, I wouldn't be able to go through the whole application process again in time for the start of my course, and I don't think the university will allow me to arrive so late into the course.

To avoid this, if my visa is refused could I go to the UK as a visitor or student visitor (for which I don't need a visa, being Mexican) and then re-apply from there?

Casa

Re: Can a visitor apply for a visa?

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:21 pm

You can't switch from visitor to any other category from within the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.