ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I Apply for second Master Degree within UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rajab
Newly Registered

Can I Apply for second Master Degree within UK

Post by Rajab » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:40 pm

Hi,

I have completed my Masters in the UK in 2009, I have been working and currently in Tier 2 General visa. I have a couple of questions,

1. I want to find out if I can apply to do another masters degree in the UK to be eligible for a '10 year settlement' route as I believe I'll end up being short of 2 years for this.
2. How feasible is it to find another employer willing to sponsor, meaning issue a CoS. From what I heard, its very difficult to get a job with CoS (especially if you're not in the IT sector). Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Raj

keysersoze22

Re: Can I Apply for second Master Degree within UK

Post by keysersoze22 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:20 pm

It is possible to do a second Master's in the UK, but highly unlikely to find a sponsor. UKVI changes in policy have clamped down heavily on same level study; therefore if you wish to study a second masters your sponsor must justify how it relates to your first masters for academic progression.

Rajab
Newly Registered

Post by Rajab » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:27 pm

The master is not sponsored by my employer.

I can find another course something related to IT is that possible ?

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:15 am

If you've done 5 years on Tier 2 General why bother about 10 years' lawful residence?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.