ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I do a Masters Degree after completing Masters?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Can I do a Masters Degree after completing Masters?

Post by tuliprose » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:01 am

Hello

As my student extension had been refused but I completed my original course before refusal and now in appeal process.

Different solicitors have suggested me if I have a valid CAS Letter + required funds together fees meet all other Tier 4 requirement then just send a new application.

They suggest that UKBA have considered some cases in the past.

I am trying my best to get PhD admission as I have already completed my MBA. But PhD admission is lengthy process and offer letter is not in hand.

So, I am considering to do another masters degree.

According to new rules of progress in studies, is it appropriate to get CAS for masters and apply as fresh application. Or it has to be higher level studies to extend further visa??

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:47 am

If your new course is at the same level as your previous course, the university would have to justify why and how the course constitutes academic progress.

Is there any reason why you are not going to apply for PSW?

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:24 pm

Greenie wrote:If your new course is at the same level as your previous course, the university would have to justify why and how the course constitutes academic progress.

Is there any reason why you are not going to apply for PSW?
I used my IGS and switched back to student in 2009. So I am not entitled to PSW.

So its all depends on the institute. Should institute justify, can UKBA still refuse the visa?

I am sending this application after withdrawing my appeal, so is it worth to take risk on Masters degree or should I go back and apply for Entry clearance for PhD?