ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I sponsor partner for Tier 4 visa?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MovingOn
Newly Registered

Can I sponsor partner for Tier 4 visa?

Post by MovingOn » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:16 pm

I have just read another thread and wanted to check here.

We are planning on my partner coming to England to study a 1 year course in Patisserie at Highly Trusted Sponsor. I had thought that I would be able to sponsor him, but now I am not so sure; it seems like the money has to be in the account of the person applying for Tier 4 visa or the parent.

So my question is can I sponsor my boyfriend for Tier 4 Visa?
If no, can I put the money in his bank account as long as it has been there 28 days before he applies for visa?

Many thanks

shaq1

Re: Can I sponsor partner for Tier 4 visa?

Post by shaq1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:55 pm

The money needs to be in his account or his parents account. You can keep the money on his account for 28 days and then till he has been granted with the visa but please note now a days British High Commission is doing the credibility interview and they may ask the question whether the fund is his or someone else providing the maintenance cost? If he says that the fund is from you, it may raise further questions and ultimately they may refuse the visa with the reason that he is not a genuine student.

So be prepare to face all those question and best of luck with the application.

MovingOn
Newly Registered

Post by MovingOn » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:05 pm

Thanks for the reply. But he would be a genuine Student, he would be going to classes and gaining the qualification – it would just be that I would be funding the course and his living costs, because he cannot.

In in way I can see what you are saying, is the definition of a genuine student really the that fact that you or your parents have the funds to support yourself (I see they don’t mind anyone paying for the course, it just seems to be maintenance that is the issue).

Given the fact that he is from Dominican Republic they will probably definitely ask that question as the likelihood of having £9,000 ($13,500) would be very unlikely.

Has anyone else been in these circumstances and managed to get Tier 4 visa? :roll:

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:26 pm

Is the course at a university or a private college? In your previous post you mentioned that one of the reasons you were going down the Tier 4 route rather than Student Visitor is so he could work to help pay his way - he won't be able to work if he is studying at a private college?

The issue he will have is that as soon as he explains that his British girlfriend is paying for his studies, coupled with the fact that he has presumably been working for a while and has suddenly decided to come to the UK to study a very vocational course, they are likely to think that his real reason for coming is to live in the UK with you.

MovingOn
Newly Registered

Post by MovingOn » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:11 pm

Yes I have realised that about private college. One of the courses is Private and the other is at a University.

Yes we do want to live together before applying for fiance visa and as he needs a qualification for work when we are married I thought the Student visa would be a good idea.

Is there any type of visa he is likely to get other than work visa? I am beginning to think we will only get fiance or marriage visa

Many thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:16 am

Having read your other posts and the input that your ex may or may not have contributed I believe there is zero possibility of your boyfriend getting a student visa. The genuiness student interview he would go through plus the Intel from your ex would almost certainly kill off that visa route. The course funding from you is unacceptable as well so it all points to a refusal.
That really only leaves the fiancé or marriage route as you have identified.
There is really no other route apart from a tier 2 visa but that would involve finding a Sponsor in the UK etc. very unlikely unless he is in a shortage occupation. Is he a chef? If that is the case then there is a possibility but he would have to be a head chef type with a minimum of 5 years experience.