ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can tier 4 student of private college sponsor his relatives?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KAJI

can tier 4 student of private college sponsor his relatives?

Post by KAJI » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Hello
can tier 4 student of private college sponsor his relatives from back home as a visitor? If yes please let me know which form has to be filled and what are the documents required for visit visa of 6 months?
Thanks a lot.

Obie
Ireland

Re: can tier 4 student of private college sponsor his relati

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:37 pm

dont think you can.

You have to be present and Settled, or a British or EEA national to sponsor a family member.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:20 am

KAJI wrote:Hello
can tier 4 student of private college sponsor his relatives from back home as a visitor? If yes please let me know which form has to be filled and what are the documents required for visit visa of 6 months?
Thanks a lot.
yes u can but n cant fill in family visitor form

2nd thing u can sponsor only your mother father but they need to establish that they have strong ties back home. Their document is more important than your's. And u should have strong reasons that why they want to visit u
Don't even think that only your documents r helpful to grant a visitor visa

Your parents need to fill in General Visitor form.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:37 am

OP don't need to sponsor family members for a General Visitor visa.

For a General Visitor's visa, there is no need for a UK based sponsor. This is not what the question was about.

OP wanted to sponsor a family, and clearly, he/she is not permitted
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

KAJI

Post by KAJI » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:25 am

Hi i
did not get any idea. I mean i am a tier 4 student in a private college and want to call my mum for visit for 6 monhs. Is it possible? Thanks

kshahzadi

Post by kshahzadi » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:03 am

Hi,it is not possible if you are studying in private college and if you want to sponsor your mum.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:48 pm

KAJI wrote:Hi i
did not get any idea. I mean i am a tier 4 student in a private college and want to call my mum for visit for 6 monhs. Is it possible? Thanks
Do u have family here like wife or kids or unborn child (pregnancy) or graduation ceremony ahead?

u can't sponsor your family member as u hold temporary visa. but u can send documents to support their application that their son is studying here and they want to visit him. As u r too busy in your studies that u can't travel at the moment.

@obie Be realistic when someone comes here on general visitor visa what they say in their application that they want to visit places like palace, london tower blah blah.

His mother has a strong reason to visit his son. Set a side family visitor visa thing. which is for settled persons family members.

Your mother also needs to show that she has business or other ties back home so she will go back after visiting u.

Its good of u apply for both of your parents together. U have more chances of success. If u have younger brothers or sisters letter from their school that they r studying and a guardianship letter that who will look after the kids when your mother is visiting u.

Its difficult but not impossible to get the visa.

May of my friends got visas for their parents. they r on tier 4 tier 2 tier 1 general visa category.

Submit general visitor visa form
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

KAJI

Post by KAJI » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:19 am

Thanks for your reply. please can i submit those following documents while applying visa for my parents?;
1. my visa copy
2. CAS letter copy
3. My passport copy
4. my bank statement from barclays bank, uk
5. their bank statement from back home
6. their original passports
7. relationship certificate
8. property proof in their name to prove that they have ties to go back home
9. travel lodge booking room for them in uk
10. General visitor application form
please let me know what are missing? Thanks a lot guys. Really appreciated your kind help.....

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:25 pm

KAJI wrote:Thanks for your reply. please can i submit those following documents while applying visa for my parents?;
1. my visa copy
2. CAS letter copy
3. My passport copy
4. my bank statement from barclays bank, uk
5. their bank statement from back home
6. their original passports
7. relationship certificate
8. property proof in their name to prove that they have ties to go back home
9. travel lodge booking room for them in uk
10. General visitor application form
please let me know what are missing? Thanks a lot guys. Really appreciated your kind help.....
Property proof is not enough evidence. Ties like job, business, shops

They should have a source of income with proofs.

Your father job letter, salary slips. IS salary going to bank account?

Money which your parents showing where they come from. proofs evidence

They need proofs , evidence as much as u can.

no job than poof of business, tax letters if your father is paying.

Their documents r more important than yours.

KAJI

Post by KAJI » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:48 pm

Thank you.
is flat rent agrrement paper works as a source of income? My parents have deposited money in saving account one year ago. How to show proof for that money? I m confused. They do not work nor they have business. They rely on flat rent. Please suggest me. Thank u

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:41 pm

KAJI wrote:Thank you.
is flat rent agrrement paper works as a source of income? My parents have deposited money in saving account one year ago. How to show proof for that money? I m confused. They do not work nor they have business. They rely on flat rent. Please suggest me. Thank u
Tenancy agreement of flat rent. Is rent going in bank account? How much is the flat rent?

Without any business, job or pension income (TIES)

its hard to get the visa.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:20 pm

Given your other posts in relation to your spouses tier 4 dependent visa refusal there is a pretty sure bet that if your Mums visa links to you it will be a refusal.
I would not risk the application until you resolve your wifes status in the UK.