ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of course/institution without informing UKBA

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alley
Newly Registered

Change of course/institution without informing UKBA

Post by alley » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:17 pm

Dear expert members of this forum.

I came in UK in June 2006 as a student. My student visa was issued for 3 years till October 2009 for studying BBA. I studied English for first six months because of lack of my English proficiency. While I was attending English, my college shut-down in January 2007. Then I changed college without informing UKBA and did two basic diplomas in business till May 2009. From June 2009 to November 2011 I did postgraduate diploma and MBA under new tier 4 visa. Now in PSW visa. In summery

June 2006 - March 2009 was studying bellow degree level courses without informing UKBA though my initial visa was granted for BBA.

June 2009 - June 2010 = 1 year was studying level 7 PGD under Tier 4 student

November 2010 - November 2011 = 1 year was studying MBA.

My question is -

1. will UKBA count my initial 3 years leave towards degree level time limit.

2. will I be able to study ACCA after studying MBA if UKBA do not count my first 3 years time towards degree level limit.

I will be very thankful if the expert member of this forum could answer.

alley
Newly Registered

Re: Change of course/institution without informing UKBA

Post by alley » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:49 am

anyone here to help please........thanks

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:01 pm

alley wrote:Dear expert members of this forum.

I came in UK in June 2006 as a student. My student visa was issued for 3 years till October 2009 for studying BBA. I studied English for first six months because of lack of my English proficiency. While I was attending English, my college shut-down in January 2007. Then I changed college without informing UKBA and did two basic diplomas in business till May 2009. From June 2009 to November 2011 I did postgraduate diploma and MBA under new tier 4 visa. Now in PSW visa. In summery

June 2006 - March 2009 was studying bellow degree level courses without informing UKBA though my initial visa was granted for BBA.

My question is -

2. will I be able to study ACCA after studying MBA if UKBA do not count my first 3 years time towards degree level limit.

You should be fine. You can go for the ACCA course.

searoze

Post by searoze » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:59 am

alley wrote:Dear expert members of this forum.

My question is -

Answer is no , If you have provided HO any proof of studying during previous grant (2006-2009). Informing HO was not a must do requirement.
If you have provided your proof of study to HO for that 3 years then it will not count.
If you do not cross the 5 year cap you should be fine

I would suggest you to attach a cover letter with your ACCA student application explaining all your time spent on below degree level and above degree level.
Hope it helps
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong

alley
Newly Registered

Post by alley » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:47 pm

Thanks searoze for replying.

I have not provide any proof to HO so far for my 2006-2009 (visa grant for studying BBA) study period. Nothing mentioned in my later visa letter and CAS regarding this period too. If I provide my level 3 course certificates for this period and explain in a cover letter, will it be sufficient to proof I still have time towards 5 years cap.

Many thanks

searoze

Post by searoze » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:32 pm

alley wrote:Thanks searoze for replying.

I have not provide any proof to HO so far for my 2006-2009 (visa grant for studying BBA) study period. Nothing mentioned in my later visa letter and CAS regarding this period too. If I provide my level 3 course certificates for this period and explain in a cover letter, will it be sufficient to proof I still have time towards 5 years cap.

Many thanks
:) :) :) :)
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong