ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change your course after college revoked

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maxflip50

change your course after college revoked

Post by maxflip50 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:10 pm

can student change his current course (without completing but with progress) to different course at the same level?

completed MBA - 1 year - level 7
then to psw
then swithed back tier 4 on CIMA (level 7), visa obtained for 3 years for full course

now, (after studying 2 semesters that is 10months, passed 4 modules), now current college's (CIMA) license has been revoked - but there is no college issuing a CAS for CIMA courses, - no possibility to continue current course with other Tier 4 sponsor

student is within his cap requirement and fulfills other tier 4 requirements

SO, is it possible to extend current visa with different course at the same level??? such as ACCA or MSc in Hospitality

Any risks of rejection and any chances of obtaing a new visa

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: change your course after college revoked

Post by sah10406 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:58 am

maxflip50 wrote: SO, is it possible to extend current visa with different course at the same level??? such as ACCA or MSc in Hospitality
Yes, if the Tier 4 sponsor is happy with that. For further studies at the same level, the CAS needs to confirm that the new course is complementary to the previous one, so that is something to discuss with the sponsor direct.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

maxflip50

Post by maxflip50 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:18 pm

thanks

if new college give me a cas, saying new course is complementary to previous course, would visa officer will not satisfied, because i have not completed my current course and want to change it to different one?

please share any one if you had similar cases

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:30 pm

They may call you for a credibility interview, but that would not be specifically linked to not having completed the previous course.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.