ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

College - Interim Relief - Back to Revoked.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sidduni
Newly Registered

College - Interim Relief - Back to Revoked.

Post by sidduni » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:29 pm

Hi All,

Having seen most of the threads I believe this forum has quite good knowledge persons who can shed light on my problems and I hope you will provide a honest opinion so that i can easily move out from the current situation and also I don't want to drag my current situation. I have listed my complete history at the bottom of the post.

Whilst my application for the Tier 4 is pending(Applied on 2nd June 2014), the college got suspended on 24th June 2014, and was still on suspension until 11th December 2014, got revoked on 12th December 2014.

After the college got revoked all the students started getting curtailment letters. My 60 day letter got issued 16th Jan 2015 and expired on 20th March 2015.

College informed all the students that they are pursuing the case in the court and that all the students letters will be cancelled.

After the college filed for Judicial Review, court has granted interim relief on 12th February, 2015.

Soon after the interim relief all the students got the cancellation letters and students whose application were pending didn't received any such cancellation letters.

Q1. After the college got its interim relief are the students whose application was pending were to receive the cancellation letters or not ?

After a week on Interim Relief, during the first hearing, the college was put back on revoked list i.e. on 19th Feb, 2015.. The college didn't informed the students about the removal of interim relief to any of the students.

Q2. Now after the revocation at the 2nd instance i.e. 1st on 12th December, 2014 and 2nd time on 19th Feb, 2015 should all the students get another 60 day letter ?

None of the students who have valid visa got any 60 day letter after the college was revoked for 2nd time. Rather only one student who was just like me with tier 4 application pending has received a letter on 3rd March 2015 with 2nd May 2015 as expiry.

I had tried ringing HO to explain the same situation but they said they can't issue another 60 day letter for me.

Q3. I was only issued the 60 day letter after the college got revoked 1st time and should i get another 60 day letter based on the fact that college was revoked 2nd time on 19th February, 2015

Problem is after I received my 60 day letter the college said it will be cancelled as they were pursing court case. But in my case and few other students whose application was still under consideration didnt received any 60 day cancellation letter.

As my 60 day letter was about to expire on 20th March 2015, I approached a solicitor on 18th March 2015 and he sent a letter request to the Home Office to say that I should receive another 60 day letter.

Q4. Will I receive another 60 day letter or not. If my solicitors request isnt considered then will I be considered as overstayer ? What will be my chances of finding another University or college after I receive my 60 day letter.

Q5. If i were not to receive another 60 day letter what are my further options. Can i appeal for the letter. or my existing tier 4 application will be rejected because i didnt sent another CAS in time.

Q6. My present application for Tier 4 is for a ACCA course and all this waiting and visa ordeals and the college license fiasco have really killed my interest in the course. Will there be a chance for me to change a course if so will that affect my tier 4 application after i submit the new CAS.

Q7. What are my chances of going back to tier 2 visa if i struggle to find another tier 4 sponsor considering my previous Tier 2 visa was curtailed with expiry on 3rd June 2014.

Q8. I have been here since 7year 4months and I don't want to get qualified for my 10 year ILR with out any problems so please suggest my way out from the current situation.

Q9. Will my waiting for Tier 4 visa period will be considered for the 5 year cap period.

Q10. I want to complete another masters (M.Res research skills) and get some good % (my previous masters i had only 55%), I wish to pursue a PhD, of course all these only to get my 10 year complete because the present Tier 2 route through umbrella companies is too risky and expensive so thought rather I could use my interest in the academics to improve my job prospects. Considering my previous immigration history and my current tier 4 visa application pending and 60 day letter is there a chance that i could secure admission into a university.

Note:

I applied for current tier 4 visa on 2nd June 2014, during my curtailment letter period of my Tier 2 visa.

My Immigration History:

1. 6th Oct 2007 - Arrived in UK ( based on a offer letter from a University) with visa expiry January 2009.

2. 8th Oct 2007 Joined a college for a PG diploma course rather the Uni on which I was granted student visa.

3. Was feeling home sick and there was a family occasion, so went back home in Nov 2007 for 10 days and returned back in Nov 2007 itself with permission from the college.

4. After few months i.e in January 2008 deferred from the college to join University on Masters program.

5. From 28th January 2008 to October 2010 was spent on completing my masters ( course was 1 years with some professional training at the end of course).

6. Had my 1st Student extension in January 2009 as the dissertation module was till pending and the training was still remaining and so got the extension.

7. My first dissertation attempt was a referral. So had to submit once again and the mark awarded in my second attempt was less than my first attempt and hence pursued a appeal with the exam board which they upheld my concern of discrepancy in the correction and has given me a chance to attempt another time with a cap on mark as 40, as I didnt had enought time I made further extension as so I had my last extension valid till June 2011.

8. Got my results and passed my dissertation in Oct 2010. And applied for PSW in Feb 2011 which was until Feb 2013.

9. End of PSW i applied for Tier 2 through an umbrella company. and Got my visa in April 2013 valid till March 2016.

10. Had my curtailment from HO as I ceased to be employed by the employer, they informed HO end of February 2014 and got the 60 day letter April 2014 with expiry in first week June 2014.