ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Curtailed student visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mez412
Newly Registered

Curtailed student visa

Post by Mez412 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:45 pm

Hello,
My visa is going to finish in sep 2014, but my collage LSBF start facing some problem from ukba, so they start interviewing student they ask me too, to show evidence of my work as I m not allowed to work in my current student visa and I haven't done work too, so they told me show us your p45 as proof that you have left work so I showed them that everything was fine and under control.
Then yesterday they send me email saying as I haven't provide enogth evidence regarding my work statement my visa has been curtailed, you must make arrangements to leave UK immediately. I haven't receive any letter from ukvi yet
However, when I ask my admin team they told me that I have done work more than its showed in my p45., and yes I have work but that was in back 2012 I was helping my friend who helped to pay my fees and by working and helping her during weekend she covered her money she used my NI card and took my wages I never got any money in my hand but they never mention about it as we have such a good relation they was just helping me and I use to do just 20 hrs too , as they covered their money in one year they asked me if I can work work further more months with actuall wages on my hand I did for 5 months everything legally but problem is is slipped from my mind about 2012 year work and when they asked me I just sayed about 2013 work
So of course it was suppose to show more work then I have received wages for on my hand and because of this slipped of my mind they have curtailed my visa , can I appeal against it or if I will show 2012's p60 from my employer will collage can cancel my curtailed decision

riz1986

Re: Curtailed student visa

Post by riz1986 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:39 am

there is not much u can do.....if the work is done on ur NI Number den u responsible whether u earned da money or not.......the only thing u can do is to get a cas from another college n apply for extension .

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:52 am

Sounds like you've blatantly abused the terms of your visa to me, better get packing.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Mez412
Newly Registered

Post by Mez412 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:47 am

But can they still change their decision if I will show them my p60 now , and for me there is no point to apply for new visa as my five year cap will be finish in next 9 months and even if I get visa they not going to allowed work for my husband, which means we not going to earn any money.
How long can I stay on curtailed visa , I know it's 60 days but what if I will stay 20 more days would that going to count as overstayed ?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:42 pm

Mez412 wrote:But can they still change their decision if I will show them my p60 now , and for me there is no point to apply for new visa as my five year cap will be finish in next 9 months and even if I get visa they not going to allowed work for my husband, which means we not going to earn any money.
How long can I stay on curtailed visa , I know it's 60 days but what if I will stay 20 more days would that going to count as overstayed ?
First of all if they already reported about u to UKBA than u can't do anything. Forget about showing them any previous blah blah.

U breached the rule and they notify u to the HO. Now wait for 60 days notice. it will take 2 to 3 months to get that 60 days letter.

If u reach the 5 year cap than how many years u spent here. Do u have children ? if yes their ages.

Why u want to stay 20 days more?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

shaikhanis76
Newly Registered

Post by shaikhanis76 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:14 pm

I got same issue as well.I won the appeal though.still waiting for a document to be released from home office.Need to give IELTS,and take an admission in uni,very hectic and stressfull scenario.Please recommend any good suggestion pls,,,