ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Curtailed tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mez412
Newly Registered

Curtailed tier 4

Post by Mez412 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:13 am

I have got email from my collage three month ago that they have cancelled my sponsorship for some reason but I still haven't got any letter from UKBA regarding cultivation my visa, my husband can get tier 2 general from his work but I m confuse as this is February and my currant leave will finish in September and as I haven't got letter, so what shall i do wait for letter or straight apply ? for tier 2 general !
Normally we have to apply 3 month before visa expire but because of this letter everything getting confuse, why I still haven't got letter yet ? I hope I m not overstayed , what if they will count my collage letter as final letter? How can I know anything ? I been to two solicitors and they said your collage can't curtailed your visa is must have to Ukba but what even they don't know if rules have may changed currently ? I m so scare :cry:

Mez412
Newly Registered

Re: Curtailed tier 4 waiting for ukba letter

Post by Mez412 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:57 am

Mez412 wrote:I have got email from my collage three month ago that they have cancelled my sponsorship for some reason but I still haven't got any letter from UKBA regarding cultivation my visa, my husband can get tier 2 general from his work but I m confuse as this is February and my currant leave will finish in September and as I haven't got letter, so what shall i do wait for letter or straight apply ? for tier 2 general !
Normally we have to apply 3 month before visa expire but because of this letter everything getting confuse, why I still haven't got letter yet ? I hope I m not overstayed , what if they will count my collage letter as final letter? How can I know anything ? I been to two solicitors and they said your collage can't curtailed your visa is must have to Ukba but what even they don't know if rules have may changed currently ? I m so scare :cry:

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Re: Curtailed tier 4

Post by aaliya1986 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:49 pm

where does it say that you have to apply 3 months before and you cannot apply before that?

if you husband is getting tier 2 general, then he can offcourse apply to switch into tier 2 general category with you as a dependant.

about you being reported by the college, if the college has reported, you will get the letter any day from the home office about the curtailment. but you do not have to wait until the letter comes and get the tier 2 application done asap.

keep in mind, if you have changed addresses and not informed the home office about the address changes it is not their fault but your fault because you are required to inform the home office about your address change.
so if the address is not updated on their system, there are chances that the letter would have gone to the previous address, try finding out there. this is just an example, and what I mean to say is that you must not wait till the letter arrives, if your situation has changed and your husband is getting sponsored then its a good idea to switch.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Curtailed tier 4

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:26 am

For your husband to get tier 2 employment his sponsor has to meet the restricted COS requirement as his current leave is a tier 4 dependent.
The quicker he gets that underway the better.