ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

curtailment letter

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

choladak
Newly Registered

curtailment letter

Post by choladak » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Dear all,

Today, I have received a letter of curtailment after I finished my bachelors degree (june 2014) from a uk university. The thing is I am already doing my masters in another institution with a new visa/cas (applied for it on aug 2014). I wanted to ask if the letter of curtailment is valid and if should be worried or concern with anything.

Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: curtailment letter

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:20 pm

It is strange that you have received a curtailment given you have applied for a new visa. The normal postion is that if there is a new application in the system then a curtailment is not issued as it naturally overtaken by a decision on the new visa.
Have you received the confirmation of receipt of the application letter from UKVI.

choladak
Newly Registered

Post by choladak » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:21 pm

Yes, i have the visa attached to my passport already, and have used that visa to enter the UK recently (I am in the UK at the moment).

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:21 pm

Then you have a problem. From what you have said you applied for return from your home country. There is every chance the case worker did not check the overseas system.
Officially you have been curtailed and the UK system will treat you as such.
You have to inform UKVI about your new visa so they can withdraw the curtailment letter.

choladak
Newly Registered

Post by choladak » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:47 pm

Even with a new visa/ cas number/ sponsor, I would still have to inform this to UKVI. Could it be that I have renewed my passport causing this slight mix up?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:22 am

The overseas and uk systems do not match up. They are two seperate systems and neither show the complete picture viewed in isolation.
If the UK system was viewed today it would show your record as being subject to curtailment - end of. Worse still that record shows at the port so if you traveled out and back in you will be explaining your life away to get back into the UK.
It is an administrative error not checking to see if you have been issued a new visa overseas, it is nothing more complex than that. The caseworker has assumed that you were still in the UK and issued the curtailment. Being blunt they have not checked the systems properly

I would copy your bio page and current visa and send the curtailment letter back with the brief explanation that you were given a new visa and that the curtailment letter relates to a visa prior to your current visa. It stops a lot of hassel on many fronts.

choladak
Newly Registered

Post by choladak » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:13 am

Thank you very much. Do you know how i can contact and send those files back?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:31 pm

Reply to the address on the curtailment letter.

z.gosha
Newly Registered

Post by z.gosha » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi I have the same kind of problem, I have contacted whole UKBA but no one is replying me properly I want to kn ow whether my Visa has been curtailed or not and where should I contact which number? I don't want to stay here illegally can you please help me in giving the contact number plus I have searched on my all addresses I there is no curtailement letter which has been sent to me plus I have still appealed in my University in Queen Mary, but I don't want to be illegal here that incase Queen Mary does not accept me I need to countinue with another instituion in January please reply me or contact me on my number.

hope to hear soon

Regards,
Zain Gosha