ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa (TIER 4)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

niamorar
Newly Registered

Dependant visa (TIER 4)

Post by niamorar » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:37 pm

Hi there,
Could you please advise on the following situation:

My husband is a PhD student at UCL. The UKBA granted him a TIER 4 visa for 4 years and they granted me the dependant visa for his TIER 4 visa. I got a job with this visa (it was permitted).
Now, he is doing the fieldwork outside UK and I'm with him (in Latam). We are going to be outside UK for 1 year (from Aug 2014 to Aug 2015).
I was able to keep my job. I'm working from abroad and I'm being paid in my UK bank account.
At UCL they said there shouldn't be a problem when we return to the UK as long as he is enroll at the university, which he is.

My question is if there can be any problem with my job, because I will be working from abroad for more than 180 days?.
Should I travel to the UK before the 180 days away from UK, to avoid any work permit situation?

Please let me know if you have any information regarding this situation.

Thank you.
Estefania

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Dependant visa (TIER 4)

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:26 pm

niamorar wrote:My question is if there can be any problem with my job, because I will be working from abroad for more than 180 days?
Should I travel to the UK before the 180 days away from UK, to avoid any work permit situation?
What problem with your job are you concerned about exactly? What does 180 days have to do with it?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

niamorar
Newly Registered

Post by niamorar » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:32 pm

Hi sah10406,

I'm worried of losing my dependant visa or the privileges of my dependant visa because i'm outside UK for a year.
I mentioned 180 days because that's usually the # of days you have to live in a country (or in this case not live in the UK) so you have "tax residency" in the country you've lived for more than 180 days.

In my particular case: I'm living in Ecuador but working for a company in the UK. I'm paying taxes in the UK. My concern is that if spend more than 180 days outside UK, I won't be a "tax resident" in the UK anymore, so my company won't be able to keep me enrolled.
I'm not sure if UK has this "tax residency" situation in their tax laws.

I hope I made myself clear now. Thank you for asking me more details.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:35 pm

niamorar wrote:I'm worried of losing my dependant visa or the privileges of my dependant visa because i'm outside UK for a year.
There is no such rule.
niamorar wrote:My concern is that if spend more than 180 days outside UK, I won't be a "tax resident" in the UK anymore, so my company won't be able to keep me enrolled.
I'm not sure if UK has this "tax residency" situation in their tax laws.
That is nothing to do with your visa, or any immigration rules. Advise you ask your employer about it.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

niamorar
Newly Registered

Post by niamorar » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:24 pm

ok, thank you so much sah10406.

I will ask my employer.