ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

doing a lower level course

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Godwinc46
Newly Registered

doing a lower level course

Post by Godwinc46 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi,
I am have done acca which is level 7 course from a university in UK now i want to do a course called gdl which i suppose is level 6 course. I aim to start a firm which provides both financial and law advises. Am i eligible to do a lower level course ?
Thanks

keysersoze22

Re: doing a lower level course

Post by keysersoze22 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:40 pm

You'd probably stand no chance at all I'm afraid. Definitely not in the UK, but you are staring an obvious Visa Refusal in the face. Consider a PhD.

Godwinc46
Newly Registered

Post by Godwinc46 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Thank you for your email:)
The course which i am planning to do is Graduate diploma in Law which is a post graduate course but i am not sure about the level of the course. Can you tell me the level of this course ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:11 pm

Not really an immigration matter.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Godwinc46
Newly Registered

Post by Godwinc46 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:04 pm

Thank you for you email, I spoke with my university just now and they told me it is not possible to apply within UK but if i go back to my home country the level of course which i am doing doesn't matter. Is this correct ?
Thanks in advance

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:06 pm

Godwinc46 wrote:Thank you for you email, I spoke with my university just now and they told me it is not possible to apply within UK but if i go back to my home country the level of course which i am doing doesn't matter. Is this correct ?
It is correct that your CAS does not need to confirm that your new course is academic progression on your previous studies. However, you can probably expect a heavier hand with credibility questions to ensure you are a genuine student.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.