ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual nationality Tier 4 holder

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Talatea
Newly Registered

Dual nationality Tier 4 holder

Post by Talatea » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi,
I have a dual nationality and am currently on a student visa on one of them for the UK.
My other passport is American, and as an American I can enter the UK without a visa.
I'm currently out of the UK and don't have my BRP for my UK visa with me, and was wondering if entering the UK on my US passport would be illegal or cause problems if I already have a residency on my other passport?
Thank you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Dual nationality Tier 4 holder

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:44 am

Talatea wrote:Hi,
I have a dual nationality and am currently on a student visa on one of them for the UK.
My other passport is American, and as an American I can enter the UK without a visa.
I'm currently out of the UK and don't have my BRP for my UK visa with me, and was wondering if entering the UK on my US passport would be illegal or cause problems if I already have a residency on my other passport?
Thank you.
Would mean you be granted entry as a visitor.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dual nationality Tier 4 holder

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:05 am

If you have declared both your nationalities in your Tier 4 application, HO will have a record of this and will know. Be mindful that entry as a 'visitor' can in effect override your student status.

Is there anyone who can send the BRP to you? Do you not have a copy or pic of it with you?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.