ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ETS scandal . Home office flagrant abuse of power.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Obie
Ireland

ETS scandal . Home office flagrant abuse of power.

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:07 pm

It appear that more revalation are coming out in regards to Home office Abuse of power in regards to the ETS scandal.

In this case Home Office compelled a college to expent an innocent Tier 4 migrant who had done nothing wrong.

The reporting committee has not given permission to publish yet. However this is on public domain.

MOHIBULLAH V SSHD

Also see channel 4 Documentry
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

keysersoze22

Re: ETS scandal . Home office flagrant abuse of power.

Post by keysersoze22 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:57 pm

Quite an abuse Obie. There's nothing about that. However I do want to mitigate for the Home Office slightly here (I know - dancing with the devil) - the passage in the letter stating '“… that for some students you have failed to adequately assess whether there is genuine academic progression prior to sponsoring a student already in the UK.”' is allegedly true for this specific college. News from the sector saw the name attached to a variety of CAS's allegedly issued for under-level courses to what a student had already achieved. I am aware of four students given a level 6 CAS (and Visa, hilariously enough by the HO) despite finishing a Level 7 course in 2014, around the time this kicked off. Sadly if this is the case I feel this probably contributed towards the extremely harsh decision in M's case. However the demand to withdraw on this basis is unlawful and unethical. There's no disputing this.

The mitigation aside, seeing this come to light is a real relief to the sector. There are at least ten institutions that were leant on to withdraw Tier 4 Sponsorship of students in the 'invalid' camp and have been having to deal with these cases in court, similar to M. This will help them, and to all genuine TOEIC students I'd urge you to take this information and query it yourselves. For the institutions in question, I believe it helps shed some light as to why HT sponsors had to behave in those ways in 2014 - and to this I am glad it's out and thanks Obie for posting it up.