ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Statement Confusion

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

staystrong5010
Newly Registered

Financial Statement Confusion

Post by staystrong5010 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:15 am

I am a little confused regarding the financial statement that I need to provide with my application. Maybe some of you might be willing to share your experiences and reassure my concerns. It would mean a lot to me.

I've read all the guides and all of them wanna make sure I have the bank's details (name, logo, address) my account number, full name and the required period to hold the funds. I've basically fulfilled all the requirements except for 2 very important points (the name and logo of the bank) I know this sounds ridiculous but the only thing I couldn't obtain with my financial statement is the letterhead printout of my statement. It was against my bank's stupid policy and which led me to make the decision to switch my bank but I can't do it right now as I'm applying for the visa too soon. They however, did stamp and sign all the pages of my statement. The stamp has the name of the bank and the pages were signed by the branch manager. Alongside the statement, they were able to produce a letter which was on a letterhead and only mentioned that I had a savings account showing the same account number and name as on the statement while quoting the same closing balance too. I've stapled both documents together in hopes that even if the statement didn't show a letterhead, it could link back to the letterhead on the letter to confirm my account number and full name.

I couldn't find any details on this. Do you think the home office would accept using two pieces of evidence to assess my funds if not all the requirements are present on one evidence?

Also, do you think I should write a cover letter for my funding to explain my situation with the bank and ask the home office to use both pieces of evidence to assess the money available to me or should I just leave it as it is and expect the home officer to make the necessary use of both evidence to help my case?

I'm really nervous, please help me out with your expertise. Thank you so much.

wazobia

Re: Financial Statement Confusion

Post by wazobia » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:26 pm

When I did my Post Study Work visa application (same day application), the UKBA (as they were back then) officer who interviewed me told me to get a statement that showed my closing balance for the day. I had fulfilled the financial statement obligations using my Barclays statements, but I guess she wanted to ensure I had the funds on that day, as opposed to loading my account with someone else's money. So I walked into the city centre (Cardiff) and found a Barclays branch, printed out a statement using one of their kiosks and the branch manager was nice enough to stamp the page. I got the visa

Of course, the difference here is I am pretty sure my statement had "Barclays" written on it. Sure the paper was plain white paper and all the entries were in black printer ink, but the bank name was written on it. I am surprised your bank would print out a statement without their name on it, but that's not something you apparently can do anything about. To be honest, I am not sure if your statement will fly with the UKVI as it doesn't have the name/logo of the bank, but the stamps, signatures, and cover letter mean you have done all you can do at this point. Nothing wrong with a cover letter to explain your situation, however; if I were in your shoes I would just use a post-it note attached to the stapled documents to briefly explain the contents.

Good luck.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:31 am

staystrong5010 wrote: I've read all the guides and all of them wanna make sure I have ... my full name

I've stapled both documents together in hopes that even if the statement didn't show a letterhead, it could link back to the letterhead on the letter to confirm my account number and full name.
Where are you reading that the statements need to include your full name? That is not a requirement.
staystrong5010 wrote:Do you think the home office would accept using two pieces of evidence to assess my funds if not all the requirements are present on one evidence?
Very probably.
staystrong5010 wrote:Also, do you think I should write a cover letter for my funding to explain my situation with the bank and ask the home office to use both pieces of evidence to assess the money available to me or should I just leave it as it is and expect the home officer to make the necessary use of both evidence to help my case?
It won't hurt, but as the previous poster says keep it very brief indeed and to the point. The way you have written your post suggests you might write a long and detailed letter, possibly with extraneous detail, which frankly would not be helpful, and may be ignored.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:23 pm

If Bank statement is dully signed and stamped by the concerned official by the approved Financial Institute it will be accepted (except mini statement) and points will be awarded.
Your Tier 4 sponsor can also confirm this.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:26 pm

moongesture wrote:If Bank statement is dully signed and stamped by the concerned official by the approved Financial Institute it will be accepted (except mini statement) and points will be awarded.
Your Tier 4 sponsor can also confirm this.
You have missed the point of OP's question.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.