ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

flro and case letter

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maanmaani
Newly Registered

flro and case letter

Post by maanmaani » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:12 am

Hi
I just need some helpful information regarding my visa.
1)If I apply for Apply for Flro would i be able to get Cas letter from any university?

if yes

2) would i be able to change my status back to tier 4 student visa? ( can i switch flro to Tier 4 when flro is still in pending)

Thanks
MaanMaani

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: flro and case letter

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:56 am

What is your current visa status?

What grounds will you use to qualify and apply for FLR(O)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:42 pm

maanmaani wrote:Hi
1)If I apply for Apply for Flro would i be able to get Cas letter from any university?
Maybe. Unless you currently have Tier 4 or Tier 2 leave and can apply in the UK (see below), they are likely to only issue a CAS when they can see you are back in your home country. Furthermore, they may reasonably anticipate credibility problems with a Tier 4 application if you have already made an application to stay outside the immigration rules by making an FLR(O) application.

2) would i be able to change my status back to tier 4 student visa? ( can i switch flro to Tier 4 when flro is still in pending)[/quote]
FLR(O) is an application form, not an immigration status. Your current status is whatever it was when you made the FLR(O) application. You can only apply in the UK if you had Tier 4 or Tier 2 leave when you applied. The type of current application is not relevant.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

maanmaani
Newly Registered

Post by maanmaani » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:08 am

What is your current visa status?
Tier 4

What grounds will you use to qualify and apply for FLR(O)?

Basically I came in the Uk in 2011 and now I am completing my graduation. I am on tier 4 Visa right now which i going to expire end of oct. I completed my all courses in the time (Never repeated any year).
I am just waiting for my transcripts (B.A(Hons) last year) after that I am thinking to apply for masters but couple of universities suggested me to go back my home country. The issue is my visa is expiring in the end of Oct and courses are starting in Jan 2017. My visa is expiring about 40 days before the new course starts. According to new rules there shouldn't be more than 28 days' difference between your visa expiring date and course starting date whereas in my case its about 40 days.
university will not be able to give me case letter as there has to be less than 28 days between new course starting date and visa expiring date.
Jut to cover 10 or15 days i am thinking to apply FLR(O) because after week or two applying Flro there will be less than 28 days to start a new course.
Would that be helpful for me or its better to go back home country?

maanmaani
Newly Registered

Post by maanmaani » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:15 am

Hi
1)If I apply for Apply for Flro would i be able to get Cas letter from any university?[/quote]
Maybe. Unless you currently have Tier 4 or Tier 2 leave and can apply in the UK (see below), they are likely to only issue a CAS when they can see you are back in your home country. Furthermore, they may reasonably anticipate credibility problems with a Tier 4 application if you have already made an application to stay outside the immigration rules by making an FLR(O) application.

2) would i be able to change my status back to tier 4 student visa? ( can i switch flro to Tier 4 when flro is still in pending)[/quote]
FLR(O) is an application form, not an immigration status. Your current status is whatever it was when you made the FLR(O) application. You can only apply in the UK if you had Tier 4 or Tier 2 leave when you applied. The type of current application is not relevant.[/quote]

As mentioned before i am just applying to cover 10 15 days.
What I understand from the above discussion that
I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET CASE IF I STAY IN THE U.K?
Is that what you are trying to explain.

Ok further more

Lets suppose i leave uk and make application from my home country I will not be able to start course in Jan because it takes more than 28 days to get response from UKVI by that time my course would be started.

Thanks

maanmaani
Newly Registered

Post by maanmaani » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:16 am

Thanks for the reply the information is really helpfull.
Thanks

maanmaani
Newly Registered

Post by maanmaani » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:50 am

sorry
my Visa is expiring next month(november).
Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:37 am

maanmaani wrote:Lets suppose i leave uk and make application from my home country I will not be able to start course in Jan because it takes more than 28 days to get response from UKVI by that time my course would be started.
Where are you getting this information about processing times from? It does vary country to country, but in my experience it rarely takes as long as 28 days. I advise you check at https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times

Moreover if you are concerned about the processing time, why are you waiting until the end of your current visa before going home? There seems to be nothing stopping you going home, except you don't want to. I'm afraid that's just tough luck!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

keysersoze22

Post by keysersoze22 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:55 am

No University will give you a CAS letter for a Tier 4 application to vary your FLR(O) application. By applying for FLR(O), you'll probably be declined from admission at most Universities as they don't want to take the risk on a visa refusal.

Alot of Universities I know in the sector have it in their policies and procedures that they specifically will not vary a FLR(O) application, and my particular institution will never issue a CAS letter for anyone who has a Pending FLR(O) or a rejected FLR(O) application because most are simply to buy time in the United Kingdom. We had two Visa Refusals back in 2014 on this basis. Take the advice on other posters. Go home to protect your immigration history.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:09 pm

You should also be aware that the HO are frequently refusing visa applications when there have previously been (in their words) 'frivolous and vexatious' applications simply to buy time in order to stay in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

maanmaani
Newly Registered

Post by maanmaani » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:39 am

You should also be aware that the HO are frequently refusing visa applications when there have previously been (in their words) 'frivolous and vexatious' applications simply to buy time in order to stay in the UK.

If I go back to my home country what are the chances to get visa?
Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:22 am

maanmaani wrote:If I go back to my home country what are the chances to get visa?
The same as if you apply in the UK. Except if you mess it up with this proposed FLR(O) application!

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:30 am

sah10406 wrote:
maanmaani wrote:If I go back to my home country what are the chances to get visa?
The same as if you apply in the UK. Except if you mess it up with this proposed FLR(O) application!
+1

'frivolous and vexatious applications' is now listed under a 320(11) refusal due to 'frustrating the intention of the Immigration Rules'
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

maanmaani
Newly Registered

Post by maanmaani » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:29 am

If I apply form my home country what supportive documents would i need
Case letter
Passport
bank statement
pictures
my all courses' transcripts i have done so far
what else?

What is the bank statement?
how long does the money has to be into my account?

would i still need to do IELTS test? because i am completing my degree from here and its been more than 3 years i am in this country.
Thanks

maanmaani
Newly Registered

Post by maanmaani » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:40 pm

If I apply form my home country what supportive documents would i need
Case letter
Passport
bank statement
pictures
my all courses' transcripts i have done so far
what else?

What is the bank statement?
how long does the money has to be into my account?

would i still need to do IELTS test? because i am completing my degree from here and its been more than 3 years i am in this country.
Thanks