ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Frustrated

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mlaabudi
Newly Registered

Frustrated

Post by Mlaabudi » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi good people. I am in a situation that is really distressing and looking for advice.
I posted a while ago about my immigration problem. We went to the UTand won the case that was in March this year. I have not received my documents since. My biggest problem is my solicitor she keeps moving firms. This is the third time she has moved. She told me this morning that his (only after I rung) that the firm has merged with another firm firm and that I need to pay £150 for her to open a new file in this new firm so that she can be able to chase our application. Has anyone gone through the same? I don't feel this is right. Any thoughts?
Disappointed
Mla.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Frustrated

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:21 am

Looks likely you are being mugged for more money for no reason
You instruct a firm of solicitors not an individual. Unless it is a one person firm. So your orginal instruction is still with whatever was the last firm you dealt with. Dont open a new case as that is their way of officially transferring your case from the previous firm.
If it is a merger then there is no need for a new case to be opened either.
Go back to the last firm you dealt with and get them to pursue your visa. You can also contact UKVI direct to see what is happening.

chexgold
Newly Registered

Re: Frustrated

Post by chexgold » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:16 am

contact UKVI, with your details and you can request all your documents delivered at your home address.