ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got scholarship after Visa application submitted

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

whatsername88
Newly Registered

Got scholarship after Visa application submitted

Post by whatsername88 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi everyone,
I applied for a scholarship in my university that is a discout of 3300 off my tuition fees. I had received an email saying that i hadnt got it but i was on the reserve list, since it was very unlikely to get it. and I need to apply for visa application soon, I applied for the visa on Dec 13th, they took my fingerprints and i gave them my papers. But then I got an email from the university saying that i had got an scholarship on Dec 16th, i accepted it on monday 19th, and my cas was updated saying i had got a scholarship of 3300 pounds off my tuititon fees.

Now will this affect my application? will they think i had lied because I didnt say anything about the scholarship?, because when i filled in my application i didnt write anything in the scholarship section because I hadnt got it then. The semester starts on January 23rd. So I needed to apply the first week of december or before to give enough time for the process.

Help please.

Re: Got scholarship after Visa application submitted

Post by 2012 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:45 pm

whatsername88 wrote:Hi everyone,
I applied for a scholarship in my university that is a discout of 3300 off my tuition fees. I had received an email saying that i hadnt got it but i was on the reserve list, since it was very unlikely to get it. and I need to apply for visa application soon, I applied for the visa on Dec 13th, they took my fingerprints and i gave them my papers. But then I got an email from the university saying that i had got an scholarship on Dec 16th, i accepted it on monday 19th, and my cas was updated saying i had got a scholarship of 3300 pounds off my tuititon fees.

Now will this affect my application? will they think i had lied because I didnt say anything about the scholarship?, because when i filled in my application i didnt write anything in the scholarship section because I hadnt got it then. The semester starts on January 23rd. So I needed to apply the first week of december or before to give enough time for the process.

Help please.
1. Wat u need to do is write a letter to the HO and notify them asap about this as wen the caseworker checks u CAS he/she will see this and on u form there wud not be any mention of this.
2. Also include the dates wen u were notified ( in u case after u sibmitted the application) about the scholarship and the date u accepted it also include any letters from the University or the e-mail you received on this issue.
3. In u case the date on communication between u and the uni wud be the most important thing as caseworker will be able to judge that u got the scholarship after u applied and hence u did not mention that on the form.
4. So use the change of circumstances form and inform HO asap.

whatsername88
Newly Registered

Post by whatsername88 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:58 pm

2012 wrote:

Help please.
1. Wat u need to do is write a letter to the HO and notify them asap about this as wen the caseworker checks u CAS he/she will see this and on u form there wud not be any mention of this.
2. Also include the dates wen u were notified ( in u case after u sibmitted the application) about the scholarship and the date u accepted it also include any letters from the University or the e-mail you received on this issue.
3. In u case the date on communication between u and the uni wud be the most important thing as caseworker will be able to judge that u got the scholarship after u applied and hence u did not mention that on the form.
Hi, how could i send the letter, I applied in my home country and those papers were sent to Rio de Janeiro where the applications are being processed. ?

Post by 2012 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:10 am

whatsername88 wrote:
2012 wrote:

Help please.
Hi, how could i send the letter, I applied in my home country and those papers were sent to Rio de Janeiro where the applications are being processed. ?
1. If you applied outside the UK then get in touch with the visa office where u submitted u application and ask on how to inform the visa application centre.

whatsername88
Newly Registered

Post by whatsername88 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:55 am

2012 wrote:
whatsername88 wrote:
2012 wrote:

Help please.
1. If you applied outside the UK then get in touch with the visa office where u submitted u application and ask on how to inform the visa application centre.
Thanks a lot, do you think that would get me in trouble?

Post by 2012 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:58 am

1. No i dont as it happended after u submitted the application and if you inform the visa centre responsible for you application asap then u shud be fine.
2. Have u not taken any advice from your uni about it?

whatsername88
Newly Registered

Post by whatsername88 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:22 pm

2012 wrote:1. No i dont as it happended after u submitted the application and if you inform the visa centre responsible for you application asap then u shud be fine.
2. Have u not taken any advice from your uni about it?
well they told me that it didnt matter because i had already applied to the visa :/ to be honest they haven't been much helpful. I just hope everything turns out well