ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help me friends

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KAJI

Help me friends

Post by KAJI » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi friends,
I have a valid visa up to 2016. Recently i am in a private college and want to go to Uni for study. If i apply for new application for University with that visa and if my application is refused then will ukvi curtail my visa or not? please reply thanks

dmp

Re: Help me friends

Post by dmp » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:03 pm

If you have good progression in your study, 80% class attendance, Clean immigration history, University CAS and require maintenance funds- Very unlikely to get visa refusal.

Good Luck!

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:29 pm

KAJI wrote:Hi friends,
I have a valid visa up to 2016. Recently i am in a private college and want to go to Uni for study. If i apply for new application for University with that visa and if my application is refused then will ukvi curtail my visa or not? please reply thanks
No they wont if u stil go to your private college. But if u stop studying after applying new visa than yes. Your college will inform them
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

KAJI

Post by KAJI » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:27 am

Thanks for your help friends,
Please let me know if i make an application to ukvi for University study then i should attend class in university also, isn't it? i am confused, should i have to attend class in private college or university??? please make me clear. Thanks

goodChloe
Newly Registered

Post by goodChloe » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:51 am

YOu will need to preapair propelly for uni enterence, so that you will not fail exams :wink: and you will receive a new visa)

KAJI

Post by KAJI » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:11 am

hi friends
i have been regular to college. but planning to move to university. so should i have to attend uni or college in this stage if i get CAS from uni and applied for tier 4 visa?
thanks

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:52 pm

apply to a university and see if the university accepts you on their offered course.

as you have said that you already are going to a college which means that you have not completed your current course, which means that university will want to know what academic progression you have to take the course at the university.

if the university has accepted you onto the course, you will be required to pay the fee and then you will be issued a cas letter.

once a university has issued you a cas letter you will be able to start your course at the university straight away. You do not need to wait for the visa to come as the Universities are Highly Trusted Sponsors.

however please bear in mind that these days universities are very strict and they often want to interview you and see all your documents including your bank statement documents inorder to issue the cas letter.
moreover you may be required to apply for your visa through the student batch scheme which means the university will post your documents to the home office and your visa will arrive to the university.

good luck

KAJI

Post by KAJI » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:31 am

Thannks aliya
so if i get CAS and apply for tier 4 application, i have to go to university but not previous college for study. Is not it?
Thanks

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:33 pm

KAJI wrote:Thannks aliya
so if i get CAS and apply for tier 4 application, i have to go to university but not previous college for study. Is not it?
Thanks
yes that will be the case. once you have a cas from a Tier 4 HTS sponsor, you are their student and must start studying there.

but i cannot understand that how will you show progression to the university from the previous course as you are already enrolled to study a course and have not finished it.

universities are very selective these days and i dont know how will they see this.

good luck!

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:56 am

aaliya1986 wrote:
KAJI wrote:Thannks aliya
Thanks
yes that will be the case. once you have a cas from a Tier 4 HTS sponsor, you are their student and must start studying there.

but i cannot understand that how will you show progression to the university from the previous course as you are already enrolled to study a course and have not finished it.

universities are very selective these days and i dont know how will they see this.

good luck!
If University already issued u a CAS than no need to worry about progression thing.

One of my friend got PHD admission and visa while he was enrolled in a private college doing level 8 course.

As long u have CAS from university u will be fine.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:47 pm

@ KAJI, once you get a CAS letter from a UNI and if the application is approved by HO, your previous CAS license from the private college will definitely be cancelled by HO as you can only get one single license at any specific time.

If the application for the UNI course get refused, your previous visa wont be cancelled as long as you are still registered with the private school.

As others have stated, HO hardly refused application once you get a CAS letter from the UNI and also meet all other requirements.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.