ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on Tier 4 Visa Curtailment

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Adnan321
Newly Registered

Help on Tier 4 Visa Curtailment

Post by Adnan321 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi

I had tier 4 visa valid till January 2018. I was out of UK in my home country when I received a curtailment letter at my home address out of UK. It says that "Your leave to enter has been curtailed so that it now expires on xx December 2016. You now have until this date to either make arrangements to leave the United Kingdom or submit an application for further leave to remain." The reason cited is that my university informed the home office that I have ceased studying with them. It is another issue that I am still registered with the University.

My question is:

Can I enter the UK with this visa curtailed?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

A.

vinny

Re: Help on Tier 4 Visa Curtailment

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:01 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Adnan321
Newly Registered

Post by Adnan321 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:07 pm

Thanks for your reply.

However, I am confused by your answer. I am already out of UK when I received the curtailment letter and it says that "Your leave to enter has been curtailed." It does not say leave to remain. Should not I be allowed to get back to UK and either finish my affairs or apply for a fresh leave?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:15 pm

Your leave lapses when you are outside the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Adnan321
Newly Registered

Post by Adnan321 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:21 am

vinny wrote:Your leave lapses when you are outside the UK.
True. But only when you receive the letter inside UK and then go out of UK? If you are already out of UK, then what is the purpose of setting out a curtailment date in the curtailment letter?

Still confused. I would be thankful for any help on this.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:44 am

Your visa is curtailed to the earliest date of either the date in the letter or when you leave or have already left the UK.

If you try to return to the UK with your visa / BRP you will be denied entry to the UK and returned home.

Adnan321
Newly Registered

Post by Adnan321 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:11 am

Vinny and Frontier Mole, thanks for your replies and help.

Now, my university is willing to support me with a short term study visa. What are the requirements, specially those of funds requirements? Moreover, can I switch from short term study visa to tier 4?

Thanks in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:37 am

Adnan321 wrote:What are the requirements, specially those of funds requirements?
Your university should be advising on this, but UKCISA has a summary at http://ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advic ... udent-visa

[quote="Adnan321Moreover, can I switch from short term study visa to tier 4?[/quote]
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.