ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help - UK tier 4 visa refused- applied for AR (pakistan)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Syedakomal
Newly Registered

help - UK tier 4 visa refused- applied for AR (pakistan)

Post by Syedakomal » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Hey all, i am new here so i would appreciate if someone can guide me through some visa issues.
I am a graduate, from Pakistan. i applied for MBA from UWE at bristol. so basically the issue is that i applied for my visa on 4th September 2015, and after two interviews my visa application got rejected stating the reason that i am not a genuine student. i have attached my refusal letter, please go through it. i was shocked to see how the ECO just compressed my detailed answers in one liners and declared me as "not a genuine student".
i have contacts with recruiters of many firms in pakistan with whom i had deep discussions with before choosing my course, that was why i had applied for MSc as well as MBA at many universities but i choose MBA from UWE specifically because it fell perfectly under my requirements. before even applying for visa i had researched throughly for not just UK but other countries too. i know exactly why i choose UK, and MBA. but the ECO just picked up a random point and refused my application.

Well i have applied for application review as well, thing is my last date of commencement is 5th October 2015, i applied for application review on 24th september, and as stated it takes around 28 days.
i havent received any email ever since i applied for the AR. i dont know how long it can take.

is there any possibility that they would consider my case a bit earlier and give me a prompt response? i have stated that in my AR as well. else i will have to defer my application to the january session.

I dont know how this system even works, i had paid 80% of my fees, accommodation and everything else. now i am just stuck here with this. can anyone help?
Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 11-compressed-compressed.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 11-compressed-compressed.jpg (89.61 KiB) Viewed 1973 times

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: help - UK tier 4 visa refused- applied for AR (pakistan)

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:39 am

You need to get advice from your Tier 4 sponsor about the refusal, and about possibly deferring your studies.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

seekingadvice87

Post by seekingadvice87 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:25 pm

Wow!

I would have thought you going as far as paying 80% of fees and accommodation is at least a strong enough evidence that you're possibly a genuine student. As advised, definitely contact your sponsor

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:40 am

seekingadvice87 wrote:Wow!

I would have thought you going as far as paying 80% of fees and accommodation is at least a strong enough evidence that you're possibly a genuine student.
You have misunderstood what being a genuine student means. Having paid some or all of your tuition fees upfront (or having not paid anything) means you have to show less money for your maintenance, but it says nothing about whether you are a genuine student or not.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:25 pm

It's sad your visa application has been turned down but from my point of view there are some lessons which you need to follow in any of your future application .. In my point of view ( may be wrong ) CW decision is correct ..

Please pay special attention

1) You have to be sure 100% why on earth you are spending £ on a degree which is also available from Pakistan (IBA Karachi is good example) at much reduced price as compared to UK here . It needs research in particular domain in business administration etc .. If asked , you should compare top business programme in Pakistan to UK /USA / Canada and than come to conclusion that why you have selected this particular degree at this particular place .

2) Your research should be yours and friends are just your directional points . You have to show / tell ECO the mails you have send , the articles you have read in particular MBA domain etc .

3) Question to answer regarding what will happen after your degree , will be a carrier oriented job or further studies in some research area leading to PHD. It shows your credibility that you are going to be on a right path. Answer like getting married is good sign of being serious with your personal life but your first priority should be getting good job.

In my opinion the best way is to get your thing sorted and apply for another visa while asking your education provider for any further assistance. I am not sure what " past Application " history will do in your case but a good sign is you have to always try in your life. You are open and young and no country is end of line for you ... but please make sure you known 100% about what your applying in future .. Sorry if some thing looks hard but my 100% purpose is to give you a good and an honest opinion ... Good luck for future ...

Many Thanks
Ali
Thanks

Ali

seekingadvice87

Post by seekingadvice87 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:30 am

sah10406 wrote:
seekingadvice87 wrote:Wow!

I would have thought you going as far as paying 80% of fees and accommodation is at least a strong enough evidence that you're possibly a genuine student.
You have misunderstood what being a genuine student means. Having paid some or all of your tuition fees upfront (or having not paid anything) means you have to show less money for your maintenance, but it says nothing about whether you are a genuine student or not.

Oh I see now. Thanks