ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is ACCA a degree for Home Office 5 yrs Cap at degree level?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saazoona79
Newly Registered

Is ACCA a degree for Home Office 5 yrs Cap at degree level?

Post by saazoona79 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi,
I applied for student visa recently and got rejected on the basis that i had 5 years already on degree level in the past. I did ACCA in 3 years but they have included that too in that 5 yrs cap.
My question is ACCA a degree level course?
as for as i know it is professional certificate.
Please clear this confusion

thanks

UK Tier 4 Consultancy
BANNED

Post by UK Tier 4 Consultancy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Full ACCA (14 papers) is a NQF Level 7 programme so it is an above degree level programme which can be counted towards the 5 year limit. Whether it's a professional qualification is irrelevant. They only look at the course level. On this basis i am afraid they made the correct decision.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:17 pm

saazoona79 wrote:Hi,
I have cleared 8 papers from the ACCA (Knowledge and skills) NQF Level-6, couldn't pass the last paper of that level and I have passed only 1 paper from the Professional Level NQF Level-7. In short i haven't completed either of levels.
I still have to pass 1 paper from level 6 to complete level 6 and 2 papers from advance level for level 7.

My question is where does I stand in terms of 5 years cap? does that still apply on me? as I haven't completed my level 6 or level 7 at the moment?
thanks
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:21 pm

Please continue in your other thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:22 am

It doesn't matter that you haven't completed the course. Any time spent studying at degree level or above counts towards you limit regardless of whether you completed the course or not.

supersix
Newly Registered

depends

Post by supersix » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:47 am

sum tymes they allow appeal.or they told u to leave in 10 days ????