ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

just got refusal of entry clearance

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rmadvocate
Newly Registered

just got refusal of entry clearance

Post by rmadvocate » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:15 am

Hi everyone

I would appreciate if you can inform me what to do next. I applied for entry clearance under the new points based system using visa letter sent to me sometime in May. The visa letter states my full scholarship but does not mention sponsor licence number. So I have been awarded 10 points for funding but zero for a valid visa letter. It has been 5 days since I received the decision. Anyone who experience this? Please let me know what I should do next, want to avoid handing in a fresh application which demands appropriate fee.

Many thanks---in advance

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:32 pm

contact ur college/uni and ask them 2 send a letter which shows sponsor licence no if they were registerd with ukba other wise its very hard

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:34 pm

also try to get info from home office website they got info of every college /uni who can bring international student wid licence issued by ukba

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:35 pm

if ther r not registerd then u shud apply wid fresh application

rmadvocate
Newly Registered

Post by rmadvocate » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:58 pm

Many thanks for all info. its A rated uni in the sponsor list in UK border agency web. On the web info, they say if you want to show another document you got to do it as fress appln. That is scary!

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:17 pm

u can make a covring letter and mention that the uni did not provide in the 1st instance and it was not ur fault if they accept that wuh be ok if they dont then u got 2 make a fresh application and give them bloody fee again these people r very greedy these days coz of economical circumstances

rmadvocate
Newly Registered

Post by rmadvocate » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:55 am

Will do and see if this works. At the time they issued visa letter, there was no mention of such a thing. They are changing what to include every day. After all the burden is on me the applicant. if I mention this, will applying foradministrative reveiw work?

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:19 pm

hopefully it ll

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:37 pm

Well, I don't think it will work as your letter was missing something very important.... Still if you want to give it a try then go for it... Maybe luck will take your side.... All the best.

rmadvocate
Newly Registered

refusal of entry clearance----again

Post by rmadvocate » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:40 am

Dear freinds
I applied again for general student visa with new visa letter and fresh appln. Its Durham university, top 5 UK university. but they said that visa letter is not an original document. I received the letter via DHL. I am now preparing to submit admin. reveiw request. I have 10 points for maintainance. Only visa letter cuasing problem. Can anyone help? as to how to fill in AR?

ukvisa2004

Re: refusal of entry clearance----again

Post by ukvisa2004 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:05 am

If you more than 8 weeks to come to UK, go for AR, but I personally would have submit a fresh application, since I know that it was my mistake to submit visa letter which was not in accordance with the guidance.

Also, your visa letter should be in original and on letter head with digitally signed by the university. It shoud have the following
uni. licence number
uni. address
course details (MSc/PhD....)
full time (you do not get visa for part time courses if you are international student)
start date
end date or expected date to finish the course
Tuition fees
How much of tuition fees you have paid so far? (if you have done so)

rmadvocate wrote:Dear freinds
I applied again for general student visa with new visa letter and fresh appln. Its Durham university, top 5 UK university. but they said that visa letter is not an original document. I received the letter via DHL. I am now preparing to submit admin. reveiw request. I have 10 points for maintainance. Only visa letter cuasing problem. Can anyone help? as to how to fill in AR?