ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Late Police Registration (and very panicked!)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nickmpco

Late Police Registration (and very panicked!)

Post by nickmpco » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi All,

My wife is on a tier 4 visa and needs to register with the police -which she has done when she first arrived and extended her visa. However, we moved addresses and got married and never let the police know. We had no idea we needed to do this - but I today read that we need to (no excuse, of course). She has, however, kept her university sponsor updated. We moved home about 4 months ago and got married about 10 months ago.

Of course we are going to go down to the police station as soon as we can to let them know (we are out of the country just now). But has anybody been in a similar situation and can share their experience? The stated consequences of late registration are VERY scary - it can be a criminal offence and can affect future applications (Which is the big concern as we want to stay in the UK). Should I realistically be panicked? To be fair to us, it should be clear that it was a dumb mistake that we corrected ourselves when we found out.

vinny

Re: Late Police Registration (and very panicked!)

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Should be okay after informing the police of your new details.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

assol8933
Newly Registered

Post by assol8933 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:00 pm

What happened to you eventually? I am in similar situation now, panicking!

I had a Tier 4 Visa, forgot to register when changed address, notified police half a year later.

fcpa
Newly Registered

Post by fcpa » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:58 am

Hi, what happened in the end?