LSBF Fraud, Fee Refund

Only for UK Tier 4 (Student) points system
Tier 4

Moderators: vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, ca.funke, Amber, sushdmehta, John, ChetanOjha, batleykhan, push, JAJ, Casa, archigabe, sbrennan

LSBF Fraud, Fee Refund

Postby haiderijaz2012 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:49 am

Hello peeps,
I had registered with LSBF for PGD in Accounting and Finance back in August which they offered with LMU. When LMU's licence got revoked, I was told that LSBF will issue me it's own CAS and that I the procedures will be the same except that I WON'T BE ALLOWED TO WORK. After completing everything and getting my visa, I went to UK on December 13, 2012. I kept inquiring LSBF about my program but they never gave me anything. IN the meanwhile, I was constantly asked to deposit my fee though I had paid more than my first year's fee to them for the course. I then called my college while in London on December 18, and asked about my course. Instead of giving me anything the person who initially had asked for my student number just forwarded my call to Credit Control. Here the man who usually called my while I was in Pakistan asked me to deposit my fee immediately. I ended up asking him for a day and went to the college next day. I paid him half of what was remaining and got the remaining in instalments. He sent me to the campus for my course where they asked me to come back on January 7. I went back to the college and they told me the partnership has ended and they don't offer this course for which I had actually travelled. I had initially enrolled for ACCA and they said I should go back to it. I got told that I can apply the refund but I will have to return to Pakistan. I agreed to that but my course consultant on email forced me to change my course to ACCA where I am only left with four papers. I didn't agree as my intention wasn't just to stay in the UK. I came for a specific course. He also told me that a refund is unlikely. I returned to Pakistan on January 13 without wasting any time there as a lot of my time has already been wasted. I applied for a refund still and I haven't heard back. It's been more than 25 days. Before that, they brough up this term from their website which they never showed me before in which it is stated that they can change the course on their own.

THIS IS A LONG MESSAGE BUT I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I NEED MY MONEY BACK. I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING ILLEGAL. INFACT I EVEN RETURNED BACK TO MY HOME COUNTRY.

Please help me about what to do.
haiderijaz2012

Postby UK Tier 4 Consultancy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:27 pm

i believe the best option for this is through the trading standards.
If you like my answer, please like my page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/UK-Tier-4 ... 014?ref=hl
UK Tier 4 Consultancy
BANNED

Postby Deviser » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:32 pm

No chance my dear. LSBF is doing same thing since 2005. There is a lot of reports available online and even videos are available on youtube where student marching and sitting on roads in UK against LSBF.

You should inquire about LSBF properly before payment or just search google. Now LSBF will not refund you a single penny. I have seen 100z of students like you.

The only thing you can do, return to UK, appoint a lawyer and sue LSBF. Only a UK Judge can force LSBF for refund.
Deviser

Re: LSBF Fraud, Fee Refund

Postby talktonight » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:59 pm

haiderijaz2012 wrote:Hello peeps,
I had registered with LSBF for PGD in Accounting and Finance back in August which they offered with LMU. When LMU's licence got revoked, I was told that LSBF will issue me it's own CAS and that I the procedures will be the same except that I WON'T BE ALLOWED TO WORK. After completing everything and getting my visa, I went to UK on December 13, 2012. I kept inquiring LSBF about my program but they never gave me anything. IN the meanwhile, I was constantly asked to deposit my fee though I had paid more than my first year's fee to them for the course. I then called my college while in London on December 18, and asked about my course. Instead of giving me anything the person who initially had asked for my student number just forwarded my call to Credit Control. Here the man who usually called my while I was in Pakistan asked me to deposit my fee immediately. I ended up asking him for a day and went to the college next day. I paid him half of what was remaining and got the remaining in instalments. He sent me to the campus for my course where they asked me to come back on January 7. I went back to the college and they told me the partnership has ended and they don't offer this course for which I had actually travelled. I had initially enrolled for ACCA and they said I should go back to it. I got told that I can apply the refund but I will have to return to Pakistan. I agreed to that but my course consultant on email forced me to change my course to ACCA where I am only left with four papers. I didn't agree as my intention wasn't just to stay in the UK. I came for a specific course. He also told me that a refund is unlikely. I returned to Pakistan on January 13 without wasting any time there as a lot of my time has already been wasted. I applied for a refund still and I haven't heard back. It's been more than 25 days. Before that, they brough up this term from their website which they never showed me before in which it is stated that they can change the course on their own.

THIS IS A LONG MESSAGE BUT I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I NEED MY MONEY BACK. I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING ILLEGAL. INFACT I EVEN RETURNED BACK TO MY HOME COUNTRY.

Please help me about what to do.

I recently completed my studies at LSBF and can confirm that it is a shambolic college, set up by 4 cheating criminals. They pretend to be LSE-type of college, but the quality is definitely not there.
As a student you can forget about getting any help from those so called "student helpdesk". They never return calls or answer emails. Well, I have to admit they're quick to call back when it's regarding taking another course or paying fees.
With regards to the actual tuition process, it's "as good" as their helpdesk. Although requirement for my course was 6.5 IELTS score, nobody in my group (apart from 2-3 students) could speak the language. How do you think they managed to enroll? Via agents, who has "exclusive" relationship with LSBF directors. All you need is just to pay them some £££.
Last edited by talktonight on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
talktonight

Re: LSBF Fraud, Fee Refund

Postby Deviser » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:20 pm

talktonight wrote:I recently completed my studies at LSBF and can confirm that it is a shambolic college, set up by 4 cheating criminals. They pretend to be LSE-type of college, but the quality is definitely not there.
As a student you can forget about getting any help from those so called "student helpdesk". They never return calls or answer emails. Well, I have to admit they're quick to call back when it's regarding taking another course or paying fees.
With regards to the actual tuition process, it's "as good" as their helpdesk. Although requirement for my course was 6.5 IELTS score, nobody in my group (apart from 2-3 students) could speak the language. How do you think they manager to enroll? Via agents, who has "exclusive" relationship with LSBF directors. All you need is just to pay them some £££.

Exactly!

This is what LSBF all about.
Deviser

Postby UK Tier 4 Consultancy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:04 pm

well to be fair the institution is not responsible for assessing the student's English level, if they provide genuine proof of english and the UKBA think they are eligible for a visa, LSBF can only put them in the class afterwards. Those with a lack of language skills will eventually be filtered out because of their poor attendance and progression.

i have dealt with a lot of LSBF students in the past and a majority of them completed their programmes without much trouble. there will always be positive and negative about a business and it's hard to keep everyone happy.

as for OP, in regards to your refund, lets just say LSBF have a very complicated and harsh refund procedures but everything is on paper so i don't think ''lying'' or ''deceiving'' played a part. in almost 99% of the cases the initial deposit is non-refundable.

As with most contracts, just be careful with what you sign and read the small prints to avoid the same thing happening again.
If you like my answer, please like my page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/UK-Tier-4 ... 014?ref=hl
UK Tier 4 Consultancy
BANNED

Postby hassan5805 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:10 pm

Mate i am sorry to hear that...I have completed my studies in LSBF and in Manchester their staff quite helpful but i think its wrong to blame them for everything...I have studied thier and they are quite reasonable as compare to other Private colleges...
Hope you get your money back why dont you contact with your college student repesntative and then he can raise your voice in meeting>>
hassan5805
Member of Standing

Postby Deviser » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:54 am

UK Tier 4 Consultancy wrote:well to be fair the institution is not responsible for assessing the student's English level, if they provide genuine proof of english and the UKBA think they are eligible for a visa, LSBF can only put them in the class afterwards. Those with a lack of language skills will eventually be filtered out because of their poor attendance and progression.

i have dealt with a lot of LSBF students in the past and a majority of them completed their programmes without much trouble. there will always be positive and negative about a business and it's hard to keep everyone happy.

as for OP, in regards to your refund, lets just say LSBF have a very complicated and harsh refund procedures but everything is on paper so i don't think ''lying'' or ''deceiving'' played a part. in almost 99% of the cases the initial deposit is non-refundable.

As with most contracts, just be careful with what you sign and read the small prints to avoid the same thing happening again.

The guy is actually LSBF student recruitment agent. Who can get you loss of 10k just for thier 5%. :p
Deviser

Postby talktonight » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am

UK Tier 4 Consultancy wrote:well to be fair the institution is not responsible for assessing the student's English level, if they provide genuine proof of english and the UKBA think they are eligible for a visa, LSBF can only put them in the class afterwards. Those with a lack of language skills will eventually be filtered out because of their poor attendance and progression.

I'm afraid you're wrong here. What is the main goal for any educational institution? Correct, to provide education and ensure students are learning. Now could you please tell me when you're a teacher and 90% of your class refuse to answer your questions due to lack of understanding English / ability to speak, would you report this to the management? Any normal teacher would.
If college isn't interested in what's happening in their classrooms, but only interested in enrolling as many students as possible, it should definitely raise alarm bells.

Submitting assignments is another interesting area. Within my 1st week at LSBF I realized that those 90% of the students simply BUY assignments from their fellow-students or from elsewhere (I assume there's a connection with their agents who probably provides contacts). I've seen one work produced by one of the students who can't write or speak the most basic English and it's obvious that it wasn't his work.
I once spoke to one of the tutors about this and he just waved his head and confirmed that he's totally aware of what's going on but can't do anything about it because "it's all decided by the top management of the school".

If I'm honest I only decided to study at LSBF because of my difficult circumstances (my main reason was not education but Tier 4 visa, but I was happy to attend 100% of classes in the meantime). If I would be in the position of those students who's main purpose was education, I would definitely make everybody aware of what's going on at LSBF.
talktonight

Postby Deviser » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:27 pm

talktonight wrote:I'm afraid you're wrong here. What is the main goal for any educational institution? Correct, to provide education and ensure students are learning. Now could you please tell me when you're a teacher and 90% of your class refuse to answer your questions due to lack of understanding English / ability to speak, would you report this to the management? Any normal teacher would.
If college isn't interested in what's happening in their classrooms, but only interested in enrolling as many students as possible, it should definitely raise alarm bells.

Submitting assignments is another interesting area. Within my 1st week at LSBF I realized that those 90% of the students simply BUY assignments from their fellow-students or from elsewhere (I assume there's a connection with their agents who probably provides contacts). I've seen one work produced by one of the students who can't write or speak the most basic English and it's obvious that it wasn't his work.
I once spoke to one of the tutors about this and he just waved his head and confirmed that he's totally aware of what's going on but can't do anything about it because "it's all decided by the top management of the school".

If I'm honest I only decided to study at LSBF because of my difficult circumstances (my main reason was not education but Tier 4 visa, but I was happy to attend 100% of classes in the meantime). If I would be in the position of those students who's main purpose was education, I would definitely make everybody aware of what's going on at LSBF.

Completely agreed! And want to add up something..

I know many people who are working as "assignment writers" especially engaged by LSBF for their student. All of these guy are well-qualified people from India and Pakistan, where they don't have work. Everything is happening under-the-table and LSBF even making money on this thing. LSBF un-officially charge students around £300-£500 for assignment and paid those guys fixed 25k in local currency (Rupee, INR/PKR).

I get to know this, when some Indian guys get disputed with LSBF on payment issue and start work on thier own. They start contacting LSBF students personally, through facebook, emails and mobile. They also advertised these services for LSBF and ACCA OBU BSc on Facebook, Twitter, OLX, Gumtree and other like-wise sites to get business.

This is what LSBF is doing and UKBA knows everything but they cannot do anything as the real owner of LSBF (who is actually making money) is the person, whom UKBA cannot even touch. I will not take his name but everybody knows, WHO IS HE.

"Behind every great fortune there is a great crime!" :wink:
Deviser

LSBF

Postby asajo » Tue May 07, 2013 2:41 am

A letter to BBC watchdog
My tier4 refused due to the fact that the UKBA could not find the bank details to charge my bank account for my visa application.
By the time I received a letter from UKBA, my visa expired and I lost my established presence in the country. In reality before submitting the application form the LSBF's visa advisor approved it as everything was correct.
Since my visa refused I have been asked to leave the country and my passport is held in the local police where I am registered. Now I want to refund the tuition fee that I paid to the college, but LSBF refuses saying it is not their fault. I have no idea how to deal with these two difficult situations.
One, I have to leave the country due to somebody in the UKBA did not see the right information on my application form.
Second, I have to forget about my money and leave the country.
I don't have money to pay for the solicitors, have no income to survive in London, since my employer who was giving me part time hours, sacked me for not having right to work and stay in the UK.
I am wondering, why should I pay for a solicitor if somebody made such an obvious mistake or not being able to see my debit card details on my application form first of all?!
asajo
Newly Registered

LSBF is Genuine

Postby mnnouman » Mon May 27, 2013 11:45 am

I have successfully graduated from LSBF very recently. Their Help desk, teaching staff, tutoring methods, assessment, result declaration and customer service has all been fine for me and my whole batch in 2011-13.

In certain cases specially in critical matters relating to visa and fee, institutes across the world have limited reaction to give. But I do agree that if course is not being taught, student is returning to home country without getting degree etc., he should be refunded his money.

I would ask you to contact your relatives or friends in the UK and ask them to contact solicitors who will guide the method of getting a refund. If the case is genuine, LSBF would certainly refund the money.

Please do not defame a Highly trusted college for a specific case
Muhammad Nouman Shaikh
mnnouman

English language assessment

Postby mnnouman » Mon May 27, 2013 11:51 am

Institutes are not directed to take interviews of students before issuing them the CAS letter. They are asked to follow the standard procedure of completing per-requisites such as IELTS, TOEFL etc. If a student is unable to communicate in English, this is his own fault and not that of college. Yes, if college has granted him CAS letter without seeing his English competence certificates, then the college is responsible, and this I think can not be the case, because UKBA checks the same again before issuing visa.
Muhammad Nouman Shaikh
mnnouman

Postby mnnouman » Mon May 27, 2013 11:56 am

Deviser wrote:
talktonight wrote:I'm afraid you're wrong here. What is the main goal for any educational institution? Correct, to provide education and ensure students are learning. Now could you please tell me when you're a teacher and 90% of your class refuse to answer your questions due to lack of understanding English / ability to speak, would you report this to the management? Any normal teacher would.

Completely agreed! And want to add up something..

I know many people who are working as "assignment writers" especially engaged by LSBF for their student. All of these guy are well-qualified people from India and Pakistan, where they don't have work. Everything is happening under-the-table and LSBF even making money on this thing. LSBF un-officially charge students around £300-£500 for assignment and paid those guys fixed 25k in local currency (Rupee, INR/PKR).

I get to know this, when some Indian guys get disputed with LSBF on payment issue and start work on thier own. They start contacting LSBF students personally, through facebook, emails and mobile. They also advertised these services for LSBF and ACCA OBU BSc on Facebook, Twitter, OLX, Gumtree and other like-wise sites to get business.

This is what LSBF is doing and UKBA knows everything but they cannot do anything as the real owner of LSBF (who is actually making money) is the person, whom UKBA cannot even touch. I will not take his name but everybody knows, WHO IS HE.

"Behind every great fortune there is a great crime!" :wink:

--
I do not know how much truth is involved in all this, but I have been in LSBF for more than a year and didnt see anything like this at all. I'm neither their agent nor their employee, but only a passed out student. Please do not defame institutes for rare experiences.
Muhammad Nouman Shaikh
mnnouman

Postby zamanam » Fri May 31, 2013 3:08 pm

I agree Lsbf is just after money and cheating student - its not even issuing mba degree...in my experience they are meanest and greediest people on earth. even their registrar lied to me on my face...! this is the limit..its high level corruption in the uk..
zamanam

Wanna get refund from LSBF?

Postby Emili » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Dear All,

Have you paid a big amount of money to LSBF? Have you had issues while getting UK visa and had to withdraw your application from LSBF without getting refund? Probably other reasons? Are you in your home country without being able to get you money back though you are entitled to? Have you contacted LSBF and been laughed at or promised refund but never got it? Can you see injustice, but feeling helpless to change anything?

I have a solution for you: I have a proved record of getting refunds for international students in UK. I might be able to help you too. Trying does not cost anything, but it might be very effective.

Write me your story (with specific dates, names of persons you spoke with in LSBF, name of the course, fees, your student number, your name, etc. basically everything what could be tracked on their system, also give me a brief description of what happened and why you think you are eligible for a refund, how much do you want to get refunded (all fees, deposit or just a part of the fees?) also write me your current phone number in order to contact you).

If you get the refund, I will charge you only a little percentage of the amount refunded after the money reach your bank account. The higher the amount – the harder is to get it. It will be much cheaper than coming all the way to the UK and hiring a professional lawyer. No refund – no fees.

Drop me an email and let’s see how it goes from there. My email address is emili.neman@gmail.com.
Emili
Emili
Newly Registered

Postby haiderijaz2012 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:09 am

I just read my thread today again. trust me it's been 8 months. I just sold out my laptop to pay my exam fee. I have contacted education ministry in the UK and they said to contact BAC as they can't help with it. I have been talking to BAC and they have not helped me. The college only replied once in this time. I have to pay Rs. 3 lac back to my relatives that I had borrowed, and I am in severe financial crisis. It's a headache, I daily login hoping for a reply from them, but I have not heard back. I didn't even do anything wrong or illegal. I left UK the very week they told me that my fee won't be refunded until I leave UK. I did everything within law. And you know what's worse, 6 months after leaving UK, there was a letter received from UKBA at my uncle's house stating that I must leave UK. Is this the country I spent so much money on? I have no personal grudges with the college, but why not give me a damn decision on the ticket that I submitted?. Isn't this fraud? You people can't even imagine how much worse situation I am going through, I started a job of Rs. 9000 in Pakistan after coming back. I am studying and working altogether. And I sold my laptop. I am left with nothing. Can any of you guys suggest me anything? how much will it cost me to start legal procedures? Can I do this from Pakistan?
haiderijaz2012

Postby Emili » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:21 pm

haiderijaz2012 wrote:I just read my thread today again. trust me it's been 8 months. I just sold out my laptop to pay my exam fee. I have contacted education ministry in the UK and they said to contact BAC as they can't help with it. I have been talking to BAC and they have not helped me. The college only replied once in this time. I have to pay Rs. 3 lac back to my relatives that I had borrowed, and I am in severe financial crisis. It's a headache, I daily login hoping for a reply from them, but I have not heard back. I didn't even do anything wrong or illegal. I left UK the very week they told me that my fee won't be refunded until I leave UK. I did everything within law. And you know what's worse, 6 months after leaving UK, there was a letter received from UKBA at my uncle's house stating that I must leave UK. Is this the country I spent so much money on? I have no personal grudges with the college, but why not give me a damn decision on the ticket that I submitted?. Isn't this fraud? You people can't even imagine how much worse situation I am going through, I started a job of Rs. 9000 in Pakistan after coming back. I am studying and working altogether. And I sold my laptop. I am left with nothing. Can any of you guys suggest me anything? how much will it cost me to start legal procedures? Can I do this from Pakistan?

Dear friend,

LSBF is truly awful institution. I will give you a piece of advice if you want to take it. Send them an official letter, registered and traceable from Pakistan. Template is as below:

...........................................................................................................

The Student Fees Committee

London School of Business & Finance

9 Holborn

London

EC1N 2LL

Mr Deepak J Patel

Karachi

PAKISTAN

Dee_patel@yahoo.com

+92 2136789344

Date: 12th January, 2011

Subject: Refund of Student Fees, Student Number: A3995602

Dear Sir/ Madame,

(1st Paragraph: Basics, explaining basics, which course you went for, how much you paid, dates, what exactly happened, be short and straight-to-the-point!)

I applied for MSc Strategic Marketing course 27th July, 2010. I received Unconditional Offer 30th July, 2010. I paid full student fees of £7,290 and received the Confirmation of Enrolment Letter 14th August, 2010 which allowed me to apply for the UK Student Visa.

(2nd Paragraph: Problem; explain what went wrong, why you are eligible for a refund, what actions you took, dates, Lsbf people names and/or titles should be mentioned!)

Unfortunately, for unknown reasons UK Student Visa was not granted to me. According to LSBF terms and conditions, I have a right to get a refund. I phoned LSBF many times, explaining the situation and asking for a full refund, however I got back only £4,290 as your staff members told me that deposit of £3,000 is not refundable. 20th September, 2013 I contacted the Head of Financial Department and told him my situation, he promised me to proceed with the remaining refund which I have been waiting over three months now. I see no reasons for delaying the refund process.

(3rd A Paragraph: Solving the problem; what exactly you want and how you want it to be achieved, be realistic!)

To solve this problem, I want my deposit of £3,000 to be refunded by transfer to my bank account, details are as below:

Account holder: Mr Deepak J Patel

Bank: National Bank of Pakistan

SWIFT / BIC: NBPAPKKA XXX

(IBAN): NBPAPKKA 3842 4852 0904 6789

(3rd B Paragraph: mentioning, what evidence you have, in case you are going to proceed, do not lie)

Please bear in mind that I do currently hold all evidence of correspondence and telephone conversations with me.

(4th Paragraph: Further actions; what actions you will take if they do not refund, mention various organisations you will go to, do not show emotion or threat!)

I am looking forward to your reply and resolution to this problem. I will wait until 28th January, 2011 before contacting Pakistan Embassy in the UK for further help with proceeding with any legal actions. Also, my sister who is currently residing in the UK might act on my behalf and contact UK Consumer Protection Agency and Office of Fair Trading through her local Ombudsman in Croydon.

(5th Paragraph: Contact details; leave your contact details in order to contact you)

If you need to contact me, please do so by the details provided above.

Kind regards,

Deepak J Patel

...........................................................................................................
Hope that helps!

If you want to send me a modified version, I am more than happy to check before you send it off, free of charge (my email is emili.neman@gmail.com). I was in similar situation myself and I think it is unfair that these institutions make money in this way.

Emili

P.S. Personal info in the letter is changed for confidentiality and privacy reasons!
Emili
Emili
Newly Registered

Postby jaredlawn » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:55 am

I hope everything I did was right, I followed what is written here. However, California losing thousands and thousands to recycling fraud as criminal offense goes green. Even recycling draws in criminals. Thousands and thousands of dollars are lost annually to recycling fraud, such as where fraudsters unlawfully cash in recyclable containers like aluminum cans in states that pay individuals for it, such as California, Maine and Michigan.
jaredlawn
Newly Registered

Postby sheraz7 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:03 am

If circumstances are supported with the relevant documentary evidences and some unfairness exist then ideally the local citizen advice bureau must be referred as its volunteers take every necessary action to resolve the matter usually free of charge. Referring to bac/dfes etc won't help as they were awarding bodies before tier 4 pbs system were introduced.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS
sheraz7
Respected Guru

Next

Return to UK Tier 4 (Student) visas