ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds: London or Ouside London.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Naseer
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds: London or Ouside London.

Post by Naseer » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:36 am

Dear All,
Could you please advise in the following case scenario:

"Mr. Ali arrives in the UK in 2009. He does his masters and then switches to PSW visa. Then after two years he gets work permit i.e. T2 visa. After 3 years of staying in T2 category, he wants to switch to a student visa on a PhD programme. His university is in London but he lives outside London where he has been living with his family for 7 years. Now, he does not want to move his family to London and decides to travel to the University for study purposes."

The Question is: Does he need to show maintenance for London region i.e. £1265 for each family member or does he need to show £1015 for each one of them.

Please bear in mind that a PhD does not require regular classes like MAs or BAs which means 50% of the study will not take place at the university, a factor that is taken into consideration to determine the maintenance band.
I shall really appreciate your time and advice.
Regards.
Naseer.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance Funds: London or Ouside London.

Post by sah10406 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:11 pm

Naseer wrote:Does he need to show maintenance for London region i.e. £1265 for each family member or does he need to show £1015 for each one of them.
For London. See immigration rules, Appendix C, paragraphs 12 and 12AA.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ance-funds
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Naseer
Newly Registered

Post by Naseer » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi sah10406
Thanks for your reply and link. I read the said paragraphs and this has brought another thing which is not clear to me:
The London region is mentioned including the county of Surrey. What region Kingston University will fall into as it is in Kingston Upon Thames? It is not in the defined regions which are said to be in London?
Thanks
Naseer

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:13 pm

Just ask the university
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Naseer
Newly Registered

Post by Naseer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:08 am

Hi sah10406,
Many thanks for your help.
Regards.