ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mainatsayi
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds

Post by Mainatsayi » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:30 pm

I'm currently on IRL and will be applying for my citizenship soon. Now my query is for the past 3 years I have tried to get my daughter over here from my home country and always got refusal for one reason or the other, Appeals were not sucessful. Now she is 19 and has finished her secondary education in my home country. I'm strongly thinking of my only option is to get her here to study at uni as an international student. So my questions are A - will her previous refusal affect her getting a student visa and B- she will be living with me full time here in London do I still need to show the required maintenance funds as her sponsor.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: Maintenance Funds

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:51 pm

A. If she has previously applied and failed to get a settlement visa on 3 occasions then this is likely to have an impact on her ability to get a student visa

B. yes maintenance funds would still need to be shown.