ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage of Tier 4 G

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tani123

Marriage of Tier 4 G

Post by Tani123 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:30 pm

Dear All
Is it possible for a Tier 4 (G) student to marry British or EU citizen? Someone said that the applicant must go back to home country and re-apply.
Best regards

Casa

Re: Marriage of Tier 4 G

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:37 pm

You can marry in the UK but as you are a foreign national you will have to give notice at a Home Office designated Registry Office.

The Registrar is then legally bound to notify the HO who can extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days in order to interview you both separately should they choose to do so before the wedding can take place.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:58 pm

Tani123 wrote:Dear All
Is it possible for a Tier 4 (G) student to marry British or EU citizen? Someone said that the applicant must go back to home country and re-apply.
Best regards
Who said that?
Reapply for what?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Tani123

Post by Tani123 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:29 am

noajthan wrote:
Tani123 wrote:Dear All
Best regards
Who said that?
Reapply for what?
Reapply ur new visa bcz u can not switch inside the UK ur student visa into dependent of a settled person.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:16 am

Tell 'Someone' they are wrong. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.