ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake made on Visa Form (Visa granted)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MaryamHanan
Newly Registered

Mistake made on Visa Form (Visa granted)

Post by MaryamHanan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:46 pm

Hello guys.
Mine is a long story so please bear with me and read through maybe you might be of help to me. So I am currently in the UK as a student with a student Visa. I am here on a scholarship from my country (Nigeria). While filling the visa application forms, there was a question which asked "do i have any dependent accompanying me or joining me at a later date", i answered no. There was no other questions about my child(ren).
I did not fill the online forms myself they were filled by my sponsors. I just submitted the forms that i filled. So when filling the online forms there was a question that asked if "i had any dependent child(ren)" and they answered no for me.
Now my husband and daughter have applied for a visit visa saying they are going to visit me but they were denied saying we had given them conflicting information.
My question now is, please does anyone know how i can contact UKVI and correct my own data before they apply again?
Thanks alot.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Mistake made on Visa Form (Visa granted)

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:21 am

You can't. You signed your Tier 4 application to confirm everything was true and correct. It may well be assumed that you deliberately lied about your family members.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.