ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More than 3 months, still no response for tier 4 application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrsadnan26
Newly Registered

More than 3 months, still no response for tier 4 application

Post by mrsadnan26 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:30 pm

Hello and Happy new year to everyone

I am really frustrated now!
Sent my documents to HO on 2nd October for tier 4 extension
Got biometrics after 15 days
After 2 months got email for interview
On 15th December had my interview
And now I am waiting......
Do you think so much time taking process is gonna be something negative?? Or what??

Please guide!
Thank-you

noajthan

Re: More than 3 months, still no response for tier 4 applica

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:20 am

mrsadnan26 wrote:Hello and Happy new year to everyone

I am really frustrated now!
Sent my documents to HO on 2nd October for tier 4 extension
Got biometrics after 15 days
After 2 months got email for interview
On 15th December had my interview
And now I am waiting......
Do you think so much time taking process is gonna be something negative?? Or what??

Please guide!
Thank-you
There is no way to tell.

Your application is probably just caught up in a backlog that may have been made worse by the Christmas & New Year breaks.

Try to relax. It's just a waiting game.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:44 pm

mrsadnan26 wrote:Do you think so much time taking process is gonna be something negative?? Or what??
No. Allowing for Christmas and New Year closure, it has only been a couple of working weeks since your interview. That is really not so long.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

keysersoze22

Post by keysersoze22 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:20 pm

Ask your University if they have heard anything from UKVI.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:37 pm

keysersoze22 wrote:Ask your University if they have heard anything from UKVI.
The university is not notified of the outcome of the application. All they would know is if the CAS is now marked as "used".
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

keysersoze22

Post by keysersoze22 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:14 pm

Correct. Status change is always a good indicator. Mrsadnan; the advice would be to speak to your University's International Student Advisor(s).

jawwad_Latif
Newly Registered

Post by jawwad_Latif » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:36 pm

Dear Members,

I have applied for Tier 4 student visa for PhD. I am on University scholarship . I submitted my application on 3-dec-2015, My interview and biometirc happened during submission. Applied through Islamabad VAC. Still havnt received my passport.
Any other guy here , who has applied for tier 4 in December 2015 ?

iaq07
Newly Registered

Post by iaq07 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:11 pm

Dear Jawwad!

I am also planning to apply for Mhpil/Phd. i need some information. Which university you got admission and how was your interview? was it on same day when you submitted your application. Was it on video link? .Have you been to uk before. I am going to apply for april intake. Please reply.

jawwad_Latif
Newly Registered

Post by jawwad_Latif » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:08 am

Dear Iaq07

I never been to UK. My interview happened through skype. Let me tell you how phd admission program works in Uk, so you will get idea.

If you have your own funding like (Hec funding etc..) then you will get the admission easily if you meet University admission criteria.

if you are looking for funded PHd in UK, you need to sort out PhD positions. UK Universities moslty post the PhD positions on their websites and on ww.jobs.ac.uk with research proposal and funding criteria and they give you deadline to submit applications and after that they short list for interview. I advise you that before applying to any phd position carefully look into funding criteria. sometime they dont offer funding to non-EU students. When you find any suitable PhD vacancy than look into research profile of professor and go through to his recent publications. then apply for position and try to be in contact with professor.

If you are desperately looking for PhD i advise you that dont just apply in UK. Apply in other countries as well. If i tell you about my case, it took me 1.5 years to get funded phD postion. It needs continuous effort, you never know , where and when your bread and butter is written.

I hope you will get the idea, If you need more inofrmation , you can ask. So, start searching, applying and Praying.. Inshallah You will be successful. :)