ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need urgent advice

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dina12345
Newly Registered

need urgent advice

Post by dina12345 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:54 am

Hi
I would be really grateful to anyone who gives me genuine advice.
I got 60 days letter from UKVI few days before.
now I am in confuse on visa application.
1) I have done MBA from UK university
but I had extended my visa with ETS enghish certificate
2) I have done IELTS recently got score 6.5

So my questions are
1) is it possible to get admission from colleges or universities?
2) what will UKVI see my case?do they refuse directly to those applications who are involved in ETS?
3) what about FLR route?

Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: need urgent advice

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:14 am

Assuming the college you were studying at has lost their licence.
If there was a problem with your ETS you would not be getting a 60 day letter.
You can apply for a place at another college or Uni, the question will be at what level.
I am guessing you were studying at NQF8 if you have an MBA already. If that is the case you will have to find a course of study at the same level or above.

Students are finding it very tough to get admission with the 60 day letters, you will have shop around to see if you can get a college or a Uni to offer you a CAS

dina12345
Newly Registered

Post by dina12345 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:30 pm

Thank you so much for advicing me.

Anyway college was suspended while I was thiinking about
about going for other course to another university , Unfortunately university got same problem.
however, college came back and reported me to UKVI.

Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:28 am

Your only option is to hunt for a new provider that is willing to grant you a CAS.
Your history will be against you as you were expelled from the previous college for whatever reason rather than is lost its licence.
Your story sounds like LSBF to Glyndwr Uni??

dina12345
Newly Registered

Post by dina12345 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:21 pm

Thank you for Guiding me.
I don't understand what do you
mean by your history will be against you?
Could you eexplain it clearly please?

Thanks

dina12345
Newly Registered

Post by dina12345 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:46 pm

The main reason to expelled me was that of I did not want to pay course fee in full reason was that I was planing to look for other courses to other institutions but everything went wrong.

now I desperately looking for colleges or uni hope to it will find.
my question is that
do ETS and expelled from college will affect on my visa application?

Please hoping for your advice.

Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:18 pm

Failing to finish your course and being expelled for non payment of fees all point to student that is not genuine. This is regardless of your intentions.
You will have to apply for higher NQF level than your previous study level because you must demonstrate educational progression. Not completing the previous course because you were expelled for non payment is entirely different from a college closing and you moving on. In that circumstance you could take the same level again.
ETS is not as issue in your case if you have not been curtailed on that basis. You will have to take another SELT as the ETS is no longer valid.

You will struggle to get a CAS and if you do get one it may have to be at PHD level. In that case you will have to convince a Uni to take you on. That is a big ask.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:36 pm

getting admission in PhD is not a joke. you will have to have an excellent topic which would be addressing a gap in the literature.

universities know that students cannot stay at the same level and therefore the number of applications for phd admissions have increased drastically, but also the refusals and denials to the phd have increased.

universities are well informed and all universities are very strict now. and as you were expelled from the college and previously have ETS, it will be very very hard to get admission.

good luck

dina12345
Newly Registered

Post by dina12345 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi
Good afternoon!

anyone help me
Replying

college accept my application and ready to issue cas then

Do they ask or enquiry to UKVI about student history? Before issuing CAS or not.

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:46 pm

Most of the Colleges and University are asking to provide previous immigration history before issuing you a CAS. They areasking for the previous CAS letters and CAS statements as well. So when they will see that you have taken TOEIC previously they may refuse to enroll you for the course. If you get lucky and the college does not ask for any previous history then they may issue the CAS. But Home Office will definitely ask you about your TOEIC during your credibility interview.

dina12345
Newly Registered

Post by dina12345 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:27 pm

I got it.
Thank you for reply.

When do UKVI take credibility interview ?

What type of questions they may ask?

Do they compulsorily take interview to those who gain ETS certificate?

Hoping your answer

Thanks

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:47 pm

universities need your consent before asking about your information from the Home Office. Normally they ask you to sign a document where you allow the university to know your immigration history.

In terms of college, I do not have an idea but if a college wants to sponsor international students they also need to adopt this practise as it ensures that the student is not hiding anything.

the credibility interview will take place after you have given your biometrics. it does not matter if you have taken ETS or not, you will have to go for the interview. 99.9% people have been called for the interview. it is a part of the process now.

when you have ETS, you are asked more questions about how you did it, where you did it, how much did you pay, where was the centre, how did you go there and etc etc.

good luck

dina12345
Newly Registered

Post by dina12345 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:21 pm

Hi
I am looking for your reliable advice !

As iam looking for colleges with my 60 days letter that running soon however no colleges ready to issue cas.
I followed a college for two weeks and they accepted my document but at last they told me we are sorry that they made issue of ETS while I had done IELTS recently and got 6.5 score.

Iam so frustrated, what to do?

Alternatively, now I have got tier2 sponsor who can offer me and can issue COS.
But my question is that:

As I left college because of different reason so I have now 60 days letter, in this condition
Can I apply for tier2 with 60 days letter?
Or will they reject my application because of 60 days letter?
Please advice me quickly !

maberl2002

Post by maberl2002 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:36 pm

I dont know whether they will reject your tier-2 visa based on curtailment letter

but i have heard that they sometimes ask the applicant to go back home and then apply for tier-2
it depends from case to case.

how many days have you left on your curtailment letter?

maberl2002

Post by maberl2002 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:44 pm

also check your pvt msgs

dina12345
Newly Registered

Post by dina12345 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:04 am

It's just 20 days remain of 60 days curtailment.
So it's too much pressor ....

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:23 am

maberl2002 wrote:I dont know whether they will reject your tier-2 visa based on curtailment letter

but i have heard that they sometimes ask the applicant to go back home and then apply for tier-2

Well it's not 'case by case' it depends on the rules and whether they person is eligible to switch in country according to the rules. I am curious as to what advice you feel you can offer people by private message that you cannot offer on the forum?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:26 am

Whether you can switch in country depends on whether your MBA meets the following requirements

you studied this course at a UK recognised or listed body or at an institution that holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence (and that is still on the register of Tier 4 sponsors on the date on which you obtain your qualification)
you studied this course during your most recent period of immigration permission (leave) or during a period of continuous leave that includes this most most recent period of leave
you carried out your study or research for this course when you had immigration permission that did not prevent you from studying or carrying out research in the UK"

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... xemptions/

Whether you will be refused on other grounds due to your immigration history depends on whether they believe you have breach the conditions of your leave or used deception to obtain leave.

dina12345
Newly Registered

Post by dina12345 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:01 am

Well, I passed MBA in MAY 2013 from university of Sunderland.

For tier2 point base system does not it meet requirements?

Also I have recent done IELTS test ,score of 6.5

I have a fear that of 60 days curtailment letter. Do you know the case like me and succeed to obtain tier2 visa?

Actually, I have not past experience related to this field and it's not short listed job as well so I have confusion.
Please help !

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:54 am

Just apply for ur tier 2 visa rather running around like a headless chicken ....

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:10 am

dina12345 wrote:Well, I passed MBA in MAY 2013 from university of Sunderland.

For tier2 point base system does not it meet requirements?

Also I have recent done IELTS test ,score of 6.5

I have a fear that of 60 days curtailment letter. Do you know the case like me and succeed to obtain tier2 visa?

Actually, I have not past experience related to this field and it's not short listed job as well so I have confusion.
Please help !
Yes in firm where i work one of the guy got 60 days letter and he applied for Tier 2 and went on Window and got visa for 5 years.

You will be safe if you applied.

Regards

dina12345
Newly Registered

Post by dina12345 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:30 am

Hi
I need help its emergency !

how can I know that COS is original or duplicate?

Yesterday my soliciter booked an appointment for 10 days tier2 priority service visa application. Today he told me UKBA did not send or accepted to book your appointment because of You did TOIEC in past.

It is true? UKBA is treating like this?

What might be the reason?
As I doubt on COS.

Looking for quick advice.
Last edited by dina12345 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

dina12345
Newly Registered

Post by dina12345 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:46 am

dina12345 wrote:Hi
I need help its emergency !

how can I know that COS is original or duplicate?

Yesterday my soliciter booked an appointment for 10 days tier2 priority service visa application. Today he told me UKBA did not send or accepted to book your appointment because of You did TOIEC in past.

It is true? UKBA is treating like this?

What might be the reason?
As I doubt on COS.

Looking for quick advice.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Why do you think the COS is not genuine? Have you had direct contact with the employer? Is the employer on the sponsor list? Have you paid a fee to anyone for the COS? You can ask the employer for a print out of your CoS from the Sponsor management system.

maberl2002

Post by maberl2002 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:58 am

Greenie wrote:
maberl2002 wrote:I dont know whether they will reject your tier-2 visa based on curtailment letter

Well it's not 'case by case' it depends on the rules and whether they person is eligible to switch in country according to the rules. I am curious as to what advice you feel you can offer people by private message that you cannot offer on the forum?

uncle jee based on case to case refers to immigration history and complications of an individual....the very reason different people get a different response who have applied for the same vsias

if you havent seen a case of tier-2 where someone was asked to reapply from their home country please donot pretend it never happens
never did i say that there is a rule to go back and reapply.......as i said from case to case..sometimes no one mentions in detail or donot even realise what may be affecting their case....you can keep your part of replies to your self and do not bother others of
what you wonder in your wonder land..