ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No name on Birth Certificate - Any Solution ?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

perfect try
Newly Registered

No name on Birth Certificate - Any Solution ?

Post by perfect try » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi Everyone.

As you might know, for my parents to sponsor me I will have to show a birth certificate as a proof of my relationship with them but the problem is that my name isn't mentioned on the birth certificate - Can that become the cause of rejection? Is there any secondary proof that I can show? Also, in the Birth Certificate, my parent's First Name is only mentioned, should I make 2 affidavits saying that their full names are this and this?

Since UK people give/deny visas only on the basis of the documents provided I do not want to take any chances.

Please help ASAP.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:16 pm

how can your birth certificate not have your name ?
pennyless

perfect try
Newly Registered

Post by perfect try » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:03 pm

That's because my birth was registered within a couple of weeks from the date of my birth and since I did not have an official name by then, there's a cross in front of the NAME column.
I checked online and talked to the Municipal Corporation of my locality and apparently a lot of people do not have their names on their BC's.

Is there any way out?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Personally, I think may cause issues - I mean, how do you prove that it's your birth certificate in the first place? It could actually belong to any one?