ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Out dated police certificate and still granted visas.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LonlyDavid
Newly Registered

Out dated police certificate and still granted visas.

Post by LonlyDavid » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:53 am

I first came to the UK in July 2009(I was only 16 years old) and as a tier 4 student I had to register with the police within 7 days, I did that 4 mouths later and the lady at the desk gave me a verbal warning that I must do that within 7 days however, she did not put any "late stamp" or similar warning on my certificate but the date on my certificate clearly shows that I was 4 mouth late. since then I keep my PRC up-to-date (I granted a visa from 2010 to 2012 and change my address once). From 2012 to 2013 I was granted another visa but I did not report that (THAT NOW I'M REGRETTING) and during that time I also had to renew my passport and did not report that as well :cry: :cry: . In 2013 I successfully obtained my CAS for a 4 year undergraduate course and I send my document to HO to renew my visa I also sent my PRC even tho I did not have my last visa and passport endorsed in it (I obviously did not know how important that was). My application was successful and I was granted a visa from 2013 to 2017. Now I'm planning to apply for my postgraduate I even have my conditional offer for it and I can meet the financial requirement as well but my police certificate is no where close to be updated.
1) How come they granted my visa given the situation of my PRC
2) Would they consider deception ? (altered document, providing false document or false information) for the application that I was granted the 4 year visa (2013 - 2017).
3) could this be considered a breach in my long-term lawful residence in the UK ?
4) what do you think the consequence of my oversight is?
5)Should I go to police station and confront my problem?
I also have found this information online : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf (pages 22 and 23)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Out dated police certificate and still granted visas.

Post by sah10406 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:04 pm

LonlyDavid wrote:1) How come they granted my visa given the situation of my PRC
They must have decided to disregard it.
LonlyDavid wrote:2) Would they consider deception ? (altered document, providing false document or false information) for the application that I was granted the 4 year visa (2013 - 2017).
Only if you deliberately decided not to update your PRC because you were trying to hide something.
LonlyDavid wrote:3) could this be considered a breach in my long-term lawful residence in the UK ?
It was a breach of your immigration conditions to not have your PRC updated when you changed address or received a new grant of leave. You do seem to have been particularly cavalier about your immigration conditions.
LonlyDavid wrote:4) what do you think the consequence of my oversight is?
Impossible to say.
LonlyDavid wrote:5)Should I go to police station and confront my problem?
If it is still up to date with your current address and Tier 4 leave, then yes of course. They can make sure your current situation is updated, but they cannot retrospectively correct your old omissions.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

LonlyDavid
Newly Registered

Post by LonlyDavid » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:57 pm

@sah10406 Thank you for your reply, in order for me to carry on with my studies in the UK I think I have to go to the police station and express my remorse and ask them to not make a harsh decision about my mistake in condition that I do not repeat it anymore. Hopefully they'll understand my oversight and allow me to carry on with my studies here. I will reply any positive outcome.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:05 pm

LonlyDavid wrote:@sah10406 Thank you for your reply, in order for me to carry on with my studies in the UK I think I have to go to the police station and express my remorse and ask them to not make a harsh decision about my mistake in condition that I do not repeat it anymore. Hopefully they'll understand my oversight and allow me to carry on with my studies here. I will reply any positive outcome.
The police won't take any action, but you might get a tongue-lashing. Sounds like you are prepared for that.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.