ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport renewal

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londonphd

passport renewal

Post by londonphd » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:48 am

Hi there,

I am on Tier 4 visa. I've renewed my passport last month, is there any requirement or a time limit within which I should notify UKBA about this change?
Also, is there any form to post to UKBA with the update or should I just write a letter to them?
Many thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: passport renewal

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:09 pm

No need to update on passport renewal as far as I am aware. You will need to either carry both passports (if you do not have a BRP) or transfer your vignette to your new passport for ease of travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:58 pm

Notification of change of circumstances: form MCC wrote:Passport details: If a new passport has been issued, provide the passport number, place of issue, date of issue and the date of expiry of the new passport.

If the applicant has received a new passport following the loss or theft of the original document, enclose the crime reference number or report issued by the police when the loss or theft was reported.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:21 am

Great, many thanks!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:29 pm

And obviously you need to update your Tier 4 sponsor with your new passport details.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:54 pm

once u hv given ur new passport details to ur T4 sponsor they will automatically update ur details on sponsor system so you don't really need to inform HO.