ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Tier-4 online application Medical Treatment Section

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vamshibaka1988
Newly Registered

PBS Tier-4 online application Medical Treatment Section

Post by vamshibaka1988 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:02 pm

Hi,

I am filling the online application for tier 4 (general) student visa and got stuck in the "Medical Treatment" section. Which is the best way to answer the following questions please?

1- Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?
2- Did you have to pay for the treatment?
3- Where did you receive the treatment?
4- Treatment start date & end date?

"Medical Treatment", does it refer to your normal appointments with GP for any general health issues? or does it refer to any surgeries where I have been hospitalized or admitted, or is this something I should ignore?

I have already lived in the UK for nearly 2 years and did have to see my GP on several occasions (may be more than 20 times) and also I had a delivery last year so had to see my midwife and go for regular scanning's throughout the pregnancy. I didn't have to pay for my prescriptions because of the maternity exception certificate I had.

I can't remember the dates of any treatments I had in the UK (except for maternity) and wondering what start & end date I should mention here and there is no option to add more than 1 treatment details.

Thanking you in advance

Regards

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: PBS Tier-4 online application Medical Treatment Section

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:42 am

vamshibaka1988 wrote:"Medical Treatment", does it refer to your normal appointments with GP for any general health issues? or does it refer to any surgeries where I have been hospitalized or admitted, or is this something I should ignore?
It is asking about hospital treatment.
vamshibaka1988 wrote:I can't remember the dates of any treatments I had in the UK (except for maternity) and wondering what start & end date I should mention here and there is no option to add more than 1 treatment details.
If you really can't remember, you will need to estimate. When you enter details of one treatment, it allows you to enter more.

The point of this question is not to check up on your NHS treatment in itself, it is asking you to confirm that you do not have any *debt* to the NHS.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:28 am

sah10406 wrote:
vamshibaka1988 wrote:"Medical Treatment", does it refer to your normal appointments with GP for any general health issues? or does it refer to any surgeries where I have been hospitalized or admitted, or is this something I should ignore?
vamshibaka1988 wrote:I can't remember the dates of any treatments I had in the UK (except for maternity) and wondering what start & end date I should mention here and there is no option to add more than 1 treatment details.
If you really can't remember, you will need to estimate. When you enter details of one treatment, it allows you to enter more.

The point of this question is not to check up on your NHS treatment in itself, it is asking you to confirm that you do not have any *debt* to the NHS.
Contact surgery or hospital for summary of your appointments and/or any statement of account and monies owing.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:50 am

noajthan wrote:Contact surgery or hospital for summary of your appointments and/or any statement of account and monies owing.
These would be useful to confirm the dates for you, if you cannot give even a reasonable guess without them, but they are *not* required as evidence in the application.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vamshibaka1988
Newly Registered

Post by vamshibaka1988 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:38 pm

You guyz are mind blowing

both of you guys are wrong and holding incorrect information. I had a word with one of the top immigration solicitors and eventually direct contact with UKBA and they both confirmed it's not something I should be bothered. You dont have to declare any appointments you had with your GP for any xyz reason, appointments with Midwife & your maternity. They don't even care and its not even applicable to 99/100 applications.

When I have asked the solicitor do I have to go to the practice center to get the summary of my previous appointments and treatments I had , he was laughing ...... for a sec I felt I made my own laughingstock

so don't pass any information which you are not 100% sure about, and try to improve your immigration knowledge

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:02 pm

Please read my reply properly before shooting your mouth off. I specifically advised that:

vamshibaka1988
Newly Registered

Post by vamshibaka1988 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:00 pm

and what is this ???

vamshibaka1988 wrote:
I can't remember the dates of any treatments I had in the UK (except for maternity) and wondering what start & end date I should mention here and there is no option to add more than 1 treatment details.

by sah10406 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:42 am

First of all you failed to answer my question that GP appointments and maternity related things doesn't contribute towards medical treatment in the UK and we should ignore this as UKBA doesn't given any shit to this that was my main concern. Second there is no option to add more than 1 treatment details, you can try a dummy application and check it yourself

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:13 pm

I very much doubt that you spoke with someone from the UKBA as they were disbanded in March 2013.

Since April 2016, the UKVI have tightened their stance on unpaid NHS bills, including Maternity related treatment. Your 'top lawyer' may have missed this. :idea:

"If you fail to pay for NHS treatment for which charges have been applied, it may
result in a future immigration application to enter or remain in the UK being denied.
Necessary non-clinical personal information may be passed via the Department of
Health (DH) to the Home Office for this purpose.
"

AND
"You should be aware that under paragraphs 320(22) and 322(12), and 3.14 of
Appendix V, of the Immigration Rules a person with outstanding debts of over £500
for NHS treatment that is not paid within two months of invoicing, may be denied a
further immigration application to enter or remain in the UK.
In the absence of prompt full settlement or a reasonable repayment schedule, nonclinical
information relating to this debt is provided routinely to the Home Office and
may be used by the Home Office to apply the above Immigration Rules. The
information will remain active for the purpose of the above rules until the debt is
settled and a record of the settled debt will also be retained, both subject to normal
limitation periods.
In the event that you may seek entry to the UK or make an advance immigration
application after settling an NHS debt in the previous two months, you are advised
to retain and carry evidence of payment for potential examination by Home Office
officials"

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_2016.pdf

If you are asking for help on the forum and are hoping for a response from members, you may want to consider posting with a little more respect and consideration for others. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:21 pm

vamshibaka1988 wrote:and what is this ???
It is my advice on what to do if you can't remember the specific dates of your hospital treatment.
vamshibaka1988 wrote:First of all you failed to answer my question that GP appointments and maternity related things doesn't contribute towards medical treatment in the UK and we should ignore this as UKBA doesn't given any shit to this that was my main concern.
Again, I specifically advised that they are only interested in hospital treatment.
vamshibaka1988 wrote:Second there is no option to add more than 1 treatment details, you can try a dummy application and check it yourself
You don't duplicate all the same details again, you just adjust the end date so it covers the whole period. If you had hospital treatment for something separate totally unrelated, you would need to add that manually at the end of the application.