ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permission to Work while in FLR (o)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vs00098
Newly Registered

Permission to Work while in FLR (o)

Post by vs00098 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:05 pm

I am currently in Tier 4 general visa and I am planning to apply for FLR (o) visa. Shall i eligible to work part time after applied this visa? Can any one please guide me properly....

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Permission to Work while in FLR (o)

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:27 pm

If your current tier 4 visa states you can work 20 or 10 hours the answer is yes under 3(c) immigration act if you apply in time / prior to current visa expiry.
BUT under illegal working guidance your employer has to ensure you have the right to work. Under the new guidance they would be liable for a fine if they allow you to work while you no longer qualify under the student rules.
So in essence the rules are at odds.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:31 pm

vs00098 wrote:I am currently in Tier 4 general visa and I am planning to apply for FLR (o) visa. Shall i eligible to work part time after applied this visa? Can any one please guide me properly....
U can work full time after applying in time.

Conditions r work 20 hours in term time and full time when on vacations or after completing a course.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:27 am

it seems like FLR has become the best thing for students to extend their joy ride for few months because they cannot get admission anywhere. the students who talk about FLR are only misguided by others.

they do not understand that applying for a FLR will badly affect their future visa applications. and they will NOT succeed in their application.

for those thinking to apply for FLR. please think, what if,

1. you have to travel back home in an emergency?
2. where and how will you work?
3. what will happen once you get refused? appeal? more time, more money eventually nothing.

all in all at the end they will learn that thy did not save the money at all and infact lost quite a lot of time.

please, those who are thinking of applying FLR, please do not go for this route unless you have very strong and compassionate grounds.

there are better opportunities and more money in other places. its just about going and looking for it by coming out of your comfort zone.

samwise49
Newly Registered

Post by samwise49 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:46 am

Zee ali wrote:
vs00098 wrote:I am currently in Tier 4 general visa and I am planning to apply for FLR (o) visa. Shall i eligible to work part time after applied this visa? Can any one please guide me properly....
U can work full time after applying in time.

Conditions r work 20 hours in term time and full time when on vacations or after completing a course.

Hi Zee Ali, I was wondering if you could help me as I am in a similar situation. I applied for FLR(FP) before the expiry of my Tier 4 Visa based on my British Partner. but the company I worked for did an employer check which came back as positive and now they are saying I am only allowed to work 20 hrs per week. I am trying to convince them that I am no longer a student and after the successful completion of my course I am no longer a student and the previous restriction does not apply. Is there any authority on this that you can give me to show my employer? Let me know asap.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Samwise

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:14 pm

Under the immigration rule 3(c) you maintain the right to conferred by your old visa if you make an in time application. In effect it extends the visa until such time as a new immigration decision is made.
Hence if you had 20 hours working under tier 4 that is how many hours you can work....

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:30 pm

samwise49 wrote:I applied for FLR(FP) before the expiry of my Tier 4 Visa based on my British Partner. but the company I worked for did an employer check which came back as positive and now they are saying I am only allowed to work 20 hrs per week. I am trying to convince them that I am no longer a student and after the successful completion of my course I am no longer a student and the previous restriction does not apply.
They are correct. You are mistaken.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.