ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help. 'Resit without Residency'

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sebasano83
Newly Registered

Please Help. 'Resit without Residency'

Post by sebasano83 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:08 pm

I'll do my best in explaining my situation, as I'm under a great deal of anxiety and doing my best to handle my emotions.

I have had a difficult 1st year, which was due to my failure in getting back onto my medication for my ADHD (can give you a whole story on that alone but I won't). Well I've been able to obtain medication after seeing psychiatrists here, and have been going on the right track.

My current situation is that I had suffered from a panic attack from two exams...ones that I had failed. The university has then given me a 'Resit without Residency'. Now my issues is that I had paid a substantial amount on rent (demanded by landlord), and other expenses which I would not be able to move quick enough to statisfy this 10 day requirement to leave the uk.

My question is this. Are there ways I can stay legally in the UK at this point?

Firstly, I want to stay because I want to live in this beautiful country permanently. Secondly, I feel I'm making very good progress with how the NHS is helping me with my ADHD and have an important apointment in October. Lastly, as my wish to become a UK national, I felt that I want to develop a business that would create jobs, I want to give to this country so that it will accept me. I've had alot of progress in this buisness development and would be able to create something this November, I already have people counting on me..

If anyone can give me some advice to my situation...words cannot express my gratitude.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Please Help. 'Resit without Residency'

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:06 am

How long have you been in the UK? Any partner or children?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Please Help. 'Resit without Residency'

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:52 am

Because of the recent issues with many colleges being revoked and a couple of universities getting suspended there has been a shift to giving resits from home countries.
The bottom line is that your uvi will cancel their sponsorship if you do not return home. There is nothing that will prevent them doing this if you dont show evidence of an entry stamp from your home country they inform UKVI that they have withdrawn their sponsorship.
If you dont go home at some point your visa will get curtailed and you will have 60 days to find another CAS.
Given your current position without demonstrated educational progress you will find it difficult to enter a new uni which leaves the lesser colleges which is just a downward spiral.
Did you tell the uni you had ADHD when you applied, if that was a yes then appeal to the uni to have the resits in country.